Lead Azure Cloud Architect-Remote-- $150k
Our client delivers trusted retail industry research to the world's most successful brands and retailers.
They also offer careers that reward innovation and provide growth opportunities for forward-thinking problem-solvers who join their team. Speed your career growth, while working with the best and brightest in the market research industry.
**Must be located in:
- Chicago, IL
- New York, NY
- Houston, TX
- Reston, Virginia
The Cloud Lead Engineer is a key member contributor to our Cloud Platform Engineering Team that will act as thought leader and principal architect designing solutions in collaboration with application engineers, developers, cloud engineers, security and other roles that are part of the product lifecycle. This individual will lead cloud design activities and support the Cloud Engineering Team with the development testing and continuous implementation of solutions.
This role uses cloud architecture and design, development, automation, and leverages Azure services leveraging Azure DevOps tolls and technologies to drive the delivery of our next generation Microsoft Azure based products. The Cloud Lead Engineer also designs the solution to drive the migration of existing products and platforms to Azure. The role provides guidance and assistance to junior staff members to evolve and mature their cloud skills, especially as it relates to driving programmatic solutions to improve cost and technology based efficiencies.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the technical direction for current and future cloud solutions by designing cloud architectures for platforms, products and services.
- Strong knowledge working with Azure DevOps, Repos and Pipelines
- Own the design of a library & package of reusable components, services, networking standards and tools to accelerate the delivery of cloud solutions.
- Govern the technical delivery of cloud foundational components like databases, logic apps, application gateways, compute, network, storage, backup, disaster recovery, etc.
- Maintain industry awareness and design in new Azure and cloud services across Azure landscapes for PaaS, Iaas, and emergent technologies.
- Deep collaborate with Architecture, Development andSecOps teams to ensure that cloud designs:
- follow security, compliance controls, and conformance to security standards.
- are optimized to ensure SLA and OLA compliance.
- leverage best-in-class cloud services to provide resiliency, performance and scalability.
- are optimized to meet project budget targets.
- Design of complex cloud services changes and onboarding of new services and applications.
- Provides subject matter expertise, technical analysis, and consultation on the design and implementation of all cloud services and technologies, including best practices.
- Formulates and defines technical scope and objectives for cloud services management, non-functional requirements, disaster recovery, and security.
- Provides innovative technical guidance and leadership to all levels within cloud engineering services.
- Mentors and educates junior staff in cloud engineering and support activities.
- Collaborates with enterprise architecture, Data Science, and Systems Development teams regarding solution delivery on cloud solutions.
- Investigates and recommends new cloud solutions needed for new projects, improving cloud services maturity and increasing cloud adoption.
- Develops and conducts educational and business-related presentations related to cloud technologies, best practices, and acts as cloud evangelist to the organization.
- Publishes internal and external whitepapers and policy guidelines related to analysis and recommendation for leveraging cloud technologies.
- Conducts proofs of concepts and research & development activities to assess viability and opportunities to advance cloud technologies footprint and adoption strategy.
- Minimum 10 years of technology experience.
- 5 + years of Azure Cloud-based system design and architecture. Prior to this, minimum 3 years experience in a cloud administrator, CI/CD or comparable role.
- Application programming experience using one or more of the following scripting languages: Python, Yaml, Ruby, Powershell
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Computer Science, Business Administration, Math or equivalent related experience.
- Certification in Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer Expert or Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Extensive Knowledge of and experience with Azure cloud services, IaaS and PaaS solutions and best practices.
- Extensive and expert level knowledge of and experience with some automation framework and scripting languages, like Azure ARM, YAML templates, PowerShell or Bash, for driving cloud build, deployment and programmatic solutions for optimizing cloud system management, maintenance, performance, reliability, scalability and costs
- Demonstrable and in-depth knowledge of and experience with cloud native services that enable proactive operations practices.
- Extensive experience with operating cloud services, including monitoring/alerting, cost reporting and optimization, cloud security, and problem resolution.
- Capable of implementing automated and programmatic solutions to support ITIL/ITSM practices.
- Expert level Financial acumen including cloud cost management, cost projections, and ROI justification capabilities.
If you are interested in this position or would like to learn more, contact Emily at email@example.com