My client is looking for a hands-on Technical Architect who is extremely passionate and versatile in learning new technologies very quickly and contribute at strategic and tactical level.
The company in question is a global organisation with 15 offices world wide, working within business research and analytics across a huge range of industries. There is regular opportunity for employees to transfer to offices located outside of South Africa.
Overview of the role
Reporting to the Chief Architect, you will have Technical Ownership on end to end architecture and solution development right from creating POC's and seeing them through to Production. You display the ability to influence a Product team to make right technology choices in delivering solutions, evolve best practices & provide guidelines for technology solutions.
You are expected to build an understanding of the overall application portfolio, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions using PaaS, SaaS, DevOps and Strong coding practices.
You will be required to form a strong relationship with the Technical Lead / Senior Technical Lead, Product Manager and Business Analyst as this is the group that will ensure the vision of the Stakeholders are achieved by the Product team.
- 10+ years building full stack software solutions with minimum 80% hands on development contribution.
- 1 to 2 years of Azure cloud platform experience.
- Experienced in Angular and other Frontend technologies (ReactJS/NodeJS).
- Knowledge of Cloud Managed hosting services like AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Should have working knowledge of Application Security & Performance.
- Having advanced knowledge on Docker, Helm and container orchestration with Kubernetes. You must have experience in Microservices and containerized architecture.
- Expertise in C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Asp.Net core.
- Expertise in Performance Tuning, scalability, Design, Building, Testing, and Deployment, Development load test, Unit Test frameworks, Server side and Client side caching mechanism, Security (security token mechanism ,storing sensitive information, script exploits, display "safe error" messages, accessing DB), Data Access for Highly-Scalable Solutions, Parallel Programming with Microsoft .NET.
- In-depth Experience in designing and architecting products utilizing N-tier architectures.
- Experience in managing Web and Cloud projects in Microsoft technology.
- Experience in architecture and designing solution using industry architecture patterns (Domain Driven Design, Event Driven Architecture, CQRS, MVVM, Queuing and others).
- DevOps experience, CI/CD, TDD, BDD and continuous delivery tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, etc.
- You enjoy working with colleagues you can rely on and learn from, and you bring a lot to the table yourself.
- You are willing to leave your ego at the door and are open to learning from those around you, but you are also comfortable in vigorously debating the right approach to solving problems.
- You will propose and follow through with improvements in processes and tools.
- You can communicate and clarify vision, Architecture and Design to local and global development teams.
- You value a culture rooted in collaboration, humility, trust, responsibility, and learning.
- You stay up to speed on new technologies and introduce them to your teammates.
- You are an excellent communicator and collaborator, especially with non-technical co-workers.
Responsibilities (including but not restricted to)
- You will Research, Evaluate, and Prototype new technologies, tools and products.
- Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment.
- Develop deep relationships with key IT decision makers, Be an evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community.
- Stakeholder Focus, Commitment to Continuous Improvement, Drive for Results, Problem Solving, Dealing with Ambiguity.
- Software Architecture Design patterns: Reactive design pattern application/services, API management, Microservices, Docker/Containers.
- Understanding of the challenges that developers face when deploying cloud-native or migrating large applications on modern cloud infrastructure.
- Actively learning and regularly upgrading self-knowledge on the agile practices, architectural advancements, technical/engineering best practices/tools, etc.
- Work with cross-functional teams (Product, Delivery, Infrastructure/Operations) to craft and deliver solutions.