Data Science for a tech company that is changing the printing industry with their smart platform.
About the company.
The company is made up of tech-savvy entrepreneurs that work together to achieve the company's mission to aid this new wave of e-commerce that want to be more cost-effective and sustainable. They've built the world's largest network and platform that allows their customers to create on-demand, economical and personalised products.
Their algorithm balances speed, quality, cost and environmental impact (amongst other factors) to find the smartest route for each of the millions of orders. The algorithm finds not only great results for their customers, but also controls volume and stock at their production partners to ensure they are operating at peak efficiency.
They have offices in five locations and an incredibly diverse culture with English being the company language - they find that your business language is more important than your speaking language for the success they're aiming for.
More about the position.
To achieve all of the above, they're growing their tech department so they have the best people to work on their growing platform. In the data team they currently have a mixture of data engineers, data scientists and analysts working on their existing platform and help the business to be data-driven.
As the leading Data Scientist, you will work with business, engineering, and tech functions where you will have opportunities to develop and evaluate machine learning models using large datasets to drive automation and efficiency.
You'll also get the opportunity to really shape their data landscape, and will genuinely see the impact of your work on the wider business as there is a very strong feedback loop, where management listen to your ideas.
Requirements to be successful in this position:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field - extra merit for Masters or PhD education
- Relevant experience with data modelling, applying analytics, machine learning
- Skilled with programming languages such as Python or R
- Experience in data visualisation and BI tools
- Analytical mindset, with a flare for objective measurement, facts and reasoning
- Ability to tell a story through data with strong communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels
- Self-starter, hands on and comfortable with ambiguity
- Understanding of databases such as SQL
- Track record of business impact based on ML implementation
They're hoping to build their team asap so if you're interested in finding out more please apply with your up to date CV!
I am also available on +46 8-502 425 38 and email@example.com, or you can find me on LinkedIn ( https://bit.ly/2TORgSb )