Role: Senior DevOps Engineer
Salary: Up to 70k
My client is looking for an experienced Cloud DevOps Engineer! This would be a unique opportunity to help establish a DevOps organisation with the oversight to design, implement, and lead a group responsible for delivering on growth and industry-changing strategic objectives. If you are a curious, driven, and pragmatic candidate who believe in outcomes over outputs this could be the role for you.
- As a player-coach, establish, scale, lead, and mentor Team Members towards our DevOps pursuits.
- Provide DevOps Tools and CI/CD expertise to software development teams across the enterprise.
- Help build a reusable standard CI/CD pipeline model with built-in quality gates, security, and cutting-edge tools and automation.
- Drive process automation focused on eliminating manual steps in application build and deployment, integrating compliance and quality gates in the process.
- Lead discussion and guide technical teams regarding operational, technical, and procedural best practices.
- Evangelise a fully automated product build and release process, driving a push-button deploy attitude and vision.
- Work with program teams to understand their product development requirements, guide in embracing DevOps principles, prescribed toolchain, and pipeline framework.
- Be highly familiar with cloud services, having supported large scale production deployments on one or more of these platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud GCP).
- Build, release, and configuration management of production systems.
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains.
- Remain abreast of technology advancements for future cloud, software, and other relative implementations and capabilities.
- Provide technical guidance in architecture and DevOps process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensure critical system security using best in class cloud security solutions.
- Create and update documentation for the operational process, procedures, and environment configurations.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years designing, implementing CI/CD solutions, and DevOps related practices.
- 5+ years of cloud computing experience.
- Version Control: Experience with version control systems such as GitHub, GitLab and code branching principles.
- Outstanding experience with build and release process and associated tools - building CI and deployment pipelines and hands-on knowledge of applicable tools chain such as Jenkins, CircleCI, TeamCity, Azure DevOps or like build orchestration tools, Artifactory, GitHub, GitLab, SonarQube, Coverity or similar.
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code tools (such as Terraform, Scalr, Ansible, Chef/Puppet).
- Strong experience in automation and one of scripting language such as Python, Ruby or similar.
- Experience with container and container management technologies (Docker, Swarm, Nomad, Packer).
- Experience with build management tools such as Maven, ANT, or Gradle.