The Company and Opportunity
Over the last 17 years, my client has built a large presence servicing top financial firms in South Africa dealing with all the major banks as well as a large portion of JSE listed companies. With over 200 employees at the business, they have developed the capacity and skill set to execute rapid development in changing environments, helping clients achieve success through dynamic partnerships.
This role consists of a blend of newer technologies and older technologies, both of which environments providing opportunity to continue to learn and be challenged as a senior developer. The role will require the successful individual to lead teams and on occasions be lead also.
Core Skills Required
- Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL)
- Bootstrap (or responsive design frameworks)
- SOLID principles
- React JS
- .net Core
- EF Core
- API development
- A solid understanding of architectural design patterns
- Passion for software development and a desire to be technically focused
- Self-starter with a desire to positively contribute to a development team that is driven to deliver excellent web platforms and drive efficiency within the development lifecycle
- Accountability. This position requires an individual who wants to be a part of the creation of the make-up and culture of a team. This includes the requirement to evolve processes to ensure the best delivery for our clients
- Detail oriented and the ability to engage with client requirements to ensure that the delivery is fit for purpose
- Passionate about crafting high quality, maintainable and efficient code
- Build and deliver secure and high spec websites, ensuring cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Solid understanding of responsive design principles and techniques
- Strong communication within a team structure
- The want to collaborate with and upskill fellow developers
What's in it for you?
- An opportunity to actively shape a rapidly growing business.
- A company that can provide significant growth opportunities and technical challenges across many industry standard technologies.
- Eligibility to enter our great bonus scheme after 6 months with the company.
- The opportunity, in future, to participate in our staff share incentive scheme and own equity.
- A tangible and genuine commitment to your career development through our career management program.
- Free lunch daily in our friendly canteen.
- An active social culture, including running groups, tech meet-ups, and more.
- A hybrid remote work policy.
- Access to a range of employee wellness services through the ICAS Employee Assistance Program.
- The opportunity to interact with global teams, and where appropriate switch teams and projects as you and our business continue to develop and grow.
- The opportunity to carve a unique position of value for yourself within a fast growing company.