Position available: Product Owner
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine/Remote
Salary: $4500 NET per month
Status: Permanent Role
The company and the role:
I'm currently working with a Ukrainian product company that is challenging major multinationals in their industry, in order to provide an essential service through a Ukrainian native firm. They're a plucky start-up with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, up to date technology, and career development, but also work life balance, leisure activities, and rooted in Ukrainian culture.
They're looking for a confident Product Owner to come on board and take responsibility for the management of two teams including the development team to oversee goal setting, participate in the hiring process and implementing practices to ensure work is completed effectively and efficiently.
The successful candidate must be confident in leading teams and individual team members alike, hold excellent project management and organisational skills and be able to work independently as well as being responsible for others. Previous experience in software development using any programming language and on projects with microservice architecture is a requirement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Managing two teams (10+ Android, iOS, .NET and QA engineers)
- Participate in the hiring process
- Implement practices to complete the work on time
- Participate in release management
- Set goals for engineers through OKR
- Monitor compliance with development processes
- Hold One-On-One meetings with engineers
- Develop a plan for the professional development of engineers
Goals for six months:
- Gain familiarity with their teams, development processes and SDLC
- Reduction of time-to-market of new functionality
- Process compliance control and SDLC commands
- Control of completion of development in time
- Optimizing processes in teams leaving enough time for complex code to be prioritised by leads
- Introduction of end-to-end automated testing
- Formation of completely self-sufficient teams
- Previous experience as an Engineering Manager or Technical Project Manager
- Demonstrate clear experience in software development in any programming language
- excellent knowledge Kanban (Kanplan), Lean software development, SDLC
- experience on projects with microservice architecture and projects with Jira
- ability to develop in teams responsibility for the timing and quality of software
- the ability to work closely with others to find the causes of problems and ways to solve them
- desire to mentor team members and help them grow professionally
For more information regarding this role or to apply please contact Stephen Manuel on 0191 300 1865 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nigel Frank International is the global leader in Microsoft technology recruitment. Since 2006, we've found over 19,000 permanent and contract Microsoft professionals for partners, ISVs, and end users in the ecosystem.
For more information, visit nigelfrank.com.