Director, Data Architecture - Permanent - Remote - $205k
This company is committed to bringing clients the best in creative problem solving, enabling healthcare companies to innovate with confidence, maximize opportunities, and ultimately drive human health forward. At this company, new and creative solutions aren't just possible - they are expected. The key to our success is our people, whose experience, talent, commitment and diversity set the standard for the life sciences.
The Director, Data Architecture is a key member of the R&DS Enterprise Architecture team, and has responsibility for defining the technical architecture and facilitating the technical evolution of a suite of data platforms designed to make clinical trials more efficient. The role demands the skills and experience of a seasoned architect who is passionate about using state-of-the-art technologies to build new commercial data platforms, who is sufficiently insightful to design for portability and seamless integration, and who is capable of leveraging existing company's capabilities and platforms in an optimal way to expedite time-to-market.
The director works will provide strong leadership to:
* Guide a highly skilled technical team in the development of robust industry-leading software data products and user-centric solutions;
* Deep expertise in leveraging distributed SQL, NoSQL, and data acquisition, processing and visualization technologies
* Build on-top of Hadoop, Big Data-based data platforms as the core development and integration platform to bring disparate clinical capabilities and systems together
* Collaborate with the product development & management teams by clearly articulating the target technical environment and direction, and ensuring compliance with those parameters
* Ensure that capabilities are implemented securely congruent with the standards of the pharma industry
* Assure consistency, reusability, and deep integrations with a large number of applications/platforms
* Ensure that the product teams are apprised of relevant technology advancements, and facilitate discussions related to the general application of new and emerging concepts, tools, products and platforms.
* A minimum of 8 years of hands-on experience as an architect or developer of commercial software products
* A minimum of 3 years as a commercial software data architecture, in a lead capacity
* A minimum of 3 years formally managing other technical resources, with responsibility for individual performance management and cumulative team deliverables
* Significant experience with Hadoop, SQL and NoSQL distributed databases, Apache Spark technologies as the foundation of an open data platform, that serves as a glue integrating several solutions.
* Significant experience with APIs, web services, and general integration challenges and solutions
* Significant experience in Agile and/or Kaizen environments
* Working knowledge of information security in the pharma industry
* Experience in the Life Sciences, Healthcare or clinical drug development domains
* Exceptional written, verbal and presentation communication skills
* A proven track record of leadership and mentoring
* The ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with little direct supervision
If this role is of interest, please contact Shannon today at email@example.com