Nigel Frank is working with a large, growing manufacturing/retail client in North Carolina. Our client is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to work onsite. This employee will play an active role in the reporting process as well as partake in month end, ad hoc duties, financial planning/analysis, as well as forecasting.
This fast-paced environment is paired with an attractive culture that promotes work/life balance and opportunities for growth within the organization.
- Identifies basic control risks, evaluates impact, proposes changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps
- Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MS Excel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
- Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a solution.
- Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
- Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
- Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently. Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
- Drives own self-development in the Finance Community: seeks opportunities to expand finance expertise. Participates in events, initiatives, and projects, then shares gained knowledge in and outside of your team.
- Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business with an emphasis in accounting or finance
- Experience working with Dynamics AX or D365 Finance & Operations is required
- At least 2-3 years working as a Financial Analyst
- High proficiency with financial functions such as advanced excel functions, ad hoc analysis, creating quieies, etc.
- Managing large data sets utilizing Alteryx
- Mapping using Tableau
- SQL knowledge
- PKMS warehouse system
- Willingness to work overtime on occasion