BI, Data Developer - Birmingham
My client are a fast growing company who sit within the finance industry, which is a fast paced environment. They truly believe that their biggest strength are their people. They are the perfect blend of people & technology. During lockdown they have won a lot of new business, as such we are recruiting heavily to keep up with the workload to provide the best customer experience.
For this role, we are looking for someone skilled in Power BI, who can pipe in the data to make it available for reporting from all the right places.
- Power BI Management - set up security of sharing of data, develop reports, deploy reports, presenting reports and dashboards, high level architecture, understand flow.
- Recommending infrastructure
- Liaising with 3rd parties
- Type of data: Private equity data, Internal and external data
- Work closely with the Business Analyst team, who will provide you with the client requirements.
- Join client meetings with the Business Analyst to act as the technical expert and provide your technical view point, validate what is feasible, potentially get involved in pre sales.
- Power BI - 3+ years experience, building reports & dashboards, administrating, maintaining security, setting up, firewalls
- SSIS - writing SSIS packages
- ETL - designing and developing ETL data pipelines (SSIS)
- SQL Server - Stored Procedures
- SQL - writing advanced SQL queries, SQL performance tuning,
- T-SQL - Procedures
- Azure Synapse - the data will sit in Azure Synapse, understand connections and security
- Data modelling - understanding of logical modeling concepts
- Azure SQL
- Very collaborative
- Sharing knowledge
- They help each other
- Solve problems
- They push internal processes and systems to increase productivity
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary - £42K - £52K - dependant on the strength of your skill-set
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Healthcare Plan
- Holidays - 25 days annual allowance + 8 days Bank Holidays
- Training and Development
- 100% Remote Working whilst in Lockdown (which is reviewed monthly).
- When "normal", the role will be Hybrid: 2 days remote & 3 days in the office.
This is the brief description of the role, for the full information, simply apply to the role and I will call you to discuss.
This is an exclusive client to Nigel Frank International.
My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
If this wasn't exactly the role you were looking for, please apply to this role anyway, just highlight what you are looking for, apply with your CV with a brief overview of what you are looking for (The role, top 3 techs, location, salary).
I will call you to discuss your skill-set further, there may be other roles I am working on that you may be suited for.
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (Engineers, Analysts, Architects, Consultants, Project Managers, Management etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Phone: 0191 338 7633
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.