Power BI Developer - St Ives - £35-40k
Please note - this role requires you to work from the office at least 2 day's per week when safe to do so. You must have the unrestricted right to work in the UK. This organisation is not able to offer sponsorship.
A large international organisation are looking for a Power BI Developer to join their talented BI team based in their newly refurbished offices near to Huntingdon.
They utilise an on-premise and Azure SQL Data Warehouse and have recently built a brand-new Power BI reporting platform which has been a huge success in helping various stakeholders to understand and make sense of their growing datasets.
As they look to build upon their new-found reporting capabilities, they are looking for an experienced Power BI professional to join the organisation as their Power BI Subject-Matter-Expert. You will be responsible for translating complex business requirements, developing the existing reporting platform and creating new Power BI visualisations for both internal and external needs. You will also be responsible for mentoring more junior colleagues to ensure they utilise Power BI effectively.
It's a really exciting opportunity for you to drive the use of Power BI across the organisation and take real ownership of their data needs, as they look to become increasingly data-driven. As such, you will be someone who can hit the ground running and who is excited by the opportunity to lead this organisation through the next stage of their data journey.
Please note that in the current climate you will begin working from home, and once it's safe to do so you will be office-based for 2 day's per week.
- Gathering and interpreting requirements from various stakeholders
- Transforming data from the data warehouse into a suitable format for reporting purposes
- Maintain existing Power BI reports and develop new ones in line with organisational requirements
- Execute ad-hoc queries and analysis using tools including SSMS, Power BI and Excel
- Support Senior Management in developing presentations delivered to the board and external bodies
- Strong SQL development experience - querying databases, building data sets
- Strong Power BI development experience - including use of Power Query and DAX
- Strong Excel skills
- Communication skills and an ability to translate complex business requirements
Interviews are taking place within the next week, so if this exciting opportunity appeals to you, please apply ASAP for your application to be considered. Submit your CV or contact David Airey on 0191 338 7508 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nigel Frank International are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK offering more opportunities across the country than any other recruitment agency. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group. We are the global leaders in Microsoft recruitment.