Role- Senior BI Analyst
Salary- £45,000 Pro Rata
This role is a 6 month FTC, likely to be extended to a 12 months.
This is a great opportunity as you will be joining a establish company within the UK Financial service.
In this role you will be working with Architects, Business Analysts, developers, project managers and Business. As the Senior data analyst you will support the development of operational reporting, business intelligence and data integration solutions. Using these solutions you will help drive the business forward and improve the data maturity. You will need to have and maintain a deep understanding of new and current business needs, being able to translate these into requirements to shape the data solutions.
Role & Responsibilities
- Applying Business Acumen, Industry Knowledge, Organisation Knowledge, Solution Knowledge, Methodology Knowledge. Advanced invoice finance and asset based lending knowledge. Being able to confidently discuss the business process with any level in the organisation
- Understanding of the BI solution and data contained within the ODS, BDW and Model. Understanding on how this can be accessed via data base access, excel or Power BI as well as management of the Model
- Support analysis and produce requirements to support project/BAU needs around data solutions.
- Day to day- Working with key business stakeholders and data delivery team to convey vision and priorities and being always available for questions and support and to lead by example with best practice
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business need and how these needs fit to the Data strategy.
- Experience of working in a dispersed project team with the ability to work on their own and also as part of a team
- You will be a key part of the Data team and need to understand the strategy as well as supporting the business to solve tactical, urgent data requirements
- Advanced Power BI knowledge. You will also need the ability to deliver reporting using this tool
- Advanced DAX skills and ability to apply these both via Power BI reporting and directly in the analysis model
- T-SQL and SQL Server and ability to use SQL queries to produce Power BI reporting outputs.