ASSISTANT DIRECTOR / SENIOR AZURE SOLUTION ARCHITECT
Full-Time / Perm
Salary: Confidential - will discuss based on qualifications
Location: EST/CST preferred
MUST have ADVANCED background in Azure with planning and estimation experience, minimum 10 years experience, deep understanding of application, infrastructure, and security architecture, experience managing end to end life-cycles of projects, experience with multi-geography, multi-tier service design and management, extensive experience in financial management, solution plan development, and product cost estimation.
MUST have at least one Solution Architecture Certification
Summary: In this role, you will be responsible for delivering solution designs and architectures for key global initiatives hosted in a variety of environments considering re-use, scalability and reliability in alignment with our client's mission and strategy.
You will holistically evaluate the architecture and apply deep technical expertise to understand the business impact of a technical component, recommending and implementing new solutions, ways of working and technologies to meet business requirements. You will develop relationships across the business to understand requirements, apply deep technical knowledge of solution and technical architecture to solve business problems and work closely with other architecture and development teams to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
To qualify for the role, you MUST have:
- Advanced understanding of solution architecture.
- Ability to communicate solutions, ideas, suggestions to a variety of business stakeholders effectively and comprehensibly
- Deep understanding of Application, Infrastructure and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability (all "capabilities" of a system)
- Expert-level skills in defining, designing and developing distributed and scalable products and services, including reusable domain-specific microservices on multi-platform /hybrid clouds such as Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Agile & DevSecOps methodologies;
- A minimum of 10+ years overall IT industry experience
- A minimum of 3+ years in a solution or technical architect role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms
- Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions for Microsoft-centric solutions based on industry standards using (Azure) IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities.
- Experience with any claims-based authentication (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, JIT, and/or RBAC / Ping etc.
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Managed the end-to-end lifecycles of a project in solution architect capacity
- Experience with multi-geography, multi-tier service design and management
- Extensive experience in financial management, solution plan development and product cost estimation
- Leadership capabilities and proven ability to manage difficult stakeholders
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Azure DevOps, Ansible, Puppet, Octopus, Chef, Salt, etc.
- Experience with Software development full lifecycle methodologies, patterns, frameworks, libraries and tools
- Experience with relational, graph and/or unstructured data technologies such as SQL Server, Azure SQL, Cosmos, Azure Data Lake, HD Insights, Hadoop, Neo4j etc.
- Experience in data movement and transformation technologies
- Working knowledge of visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau and understanding of analytics tools including Azure Stream Analytics, SQL Analytics, Data Lake Analytics.
- Experience with AI and Machine Learning tools such as Azure ML etc.
- Delivered projects or initiatives using common methodologies especially SAFe Agile but also Waterfall, Iterative etc.
- Extensive experience in project and/or product management
- Experience in architecting mobile applications that are either independent applications or supplementary addons
- Achieved one or more of the typical Solution Architecture certifications e.g. Microsoft, MS Azure Certification, TOGAF, AWS Cloud Certified, Pivotal, CISSIP, Zachman, ITIL, Cisco, (ISC)2, CEH, SAFe, PMI, and SAP etc.
- Advancement opportunities with structured career paths
- Access to the latest emerging technologies
Please email email@example.com for consideration
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft Azure recruitment, advertising more Microsoft Azure jobs than any other agency. We work with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Microsoft Azure market, we've built relationships with the key employers across the nation and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities are.
We understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.
Please call or email firstname.lastname@example.org / (718) 412-1203 for additional information about the Azure market and available Azure job opportunities in your area.
See www.nigelfrank.com for more fantastic Azure opportunities!
Nigel Frank International Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.