My client is looking for a Senior Azure Solution Architect to join their team. They combine technology and ethically sourced patient data to help people everywhere get better care. To do this, they have created a unique partnership with the NHS that delivers a return to their partner Trusts and unlocks the value of clinical data for research while safeguarding patient privacy. Alongside this, they develop clinically validated software applications that create clinician and patient benefit while providing highly curated data.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work with Microsoft Azure (IaaS, PaaS) technologies enabling change and transformation of the environment
- Demonstrate clear technology thinking and a sound understanding of technology solution design principles.
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving skills and be able to utilise CI/CD techniques
- Experience of designing complex technical solutions on Microsoft Azure and exposure to technologies such as big data, analytics, artificial intelligence, automation and Internet of Things.
- Responsibility for all aspects of Azure infrastructure designs you produce from security by design to creating accompanying high-quality documentation and including technical delivery
- Technical Authority for project delivery and solution designs
- Provide feedback / peer review on designs produced by colleagues in the Azure Practice
- Deep understanding of Data and BI solutions, especially cloud-based solutions, enabling you to be a Technical Leader to support estimation, planning and delivery in Data Engineering and across the business units and offerings
- Proven experience in adaptable solution design across complex application landscapes
- Capability to lead transformational IT programmers and mentor other Solution Architects
Skills & Qualifications
- Need to be able to show experience with the entire data life cycle, with a variety of on boarding techniques from cloud and legacy systems in batch and streaming scenarios. They should be able to propose Data Lake zoning strategies and describe how these can be implemented. An ability to model data in dimensional models is required and experience of other modelling techniques such as Data Vault desirable
- Knowledge of the fundamental underpinnings of Azure solution design is required. You should understand Azure tenants, subscriptions and resource groups
- Experience delivering projects using Azure DevOps and MLOps
- Core technology expertise in Microsoft Azure Migration from On-Prem/Cloud to Azure Platform, Microsoft SQL, Storage and Networking
- Solution Architects should be able to design a data platform in Azure from the ground up. They need an expert knowledge of the key components, notably Azure Data Factory, Azure Storage, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse and Azure Database, Azure Analysis Services and Power BI.
- They should also have familiarity with Event Hubs, IoT Hubs and Stream Analytics, and with Azure API Manager. Some knowledge of CosmosDB and an AzureML is desirable, as is an understanding of related technologies such as the Power Platform, Logic Apps, Azure Functions and Event Grids.
- Knowledge of deployment orchestration and configuration management tools (Terraform, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes)
- Experience with moving environments into Azure from on-premises environments such as rehosting or refactoring the environments
- Strong advocate for Infrastructure as code (IaC)
- Experience of working across technology domains such as Business, Data, Applications, Infrastructure, Integration and Security.
- Experience in Azure security architectures and digital security, demonstrating best practice experience
- Understanding of Agile techniques and frameworks with the ability to lead Agile teams to seek opportunities and drive value and improve business performance
- Technical leadership, project success, timely delivery of end-to-end projects and accurate production of agreed deliverables.
- Solution Architects should be confident presenters, with well-developed presentation skills and an ability to communicate complicated subjects in an appropriate manner to all stakeholder levels
Along with a great company culture, my client provides an exceptional compensation package including a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit plan.
- Company share option scheme
- 5% employer matched salary sacrifice Pension scheme
- Life Assurance & Income protection
- A range of health, wealth and lifestyle benefit plans including BUPA, Gym and holiday trade options
- Electric Vehicles & Cycle to work schemes
- Proactive career development planning
They are looking to start the Interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
My client has limited interview slots so please apply urgently, please send your up to date CV to Nancy Tamplin firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 808 7304 for a catch up in complete confidence.
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.