Looking for a Data Engineer to Join a leading, independent, data management consultancy. My clients consultants are expert practitioners, delivering solutions and solving issues with deep, up to date practical experience. They are a trusted partner of some of the largest Financial Services organizations in the world.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working on client projects, whose responsibility is to ensure that the design of the data solution and the architecture work together efficiently. Proactively identifying potential issues. Owning the overall design and implementation of the data solution.
- Working with the customer business users to ensure that the design of the solution accurately supports the customer's business requirements
- Understanding and leveraging expert knowledge of Data Engineering and DataOps approaches and products, 3rd party technology and technology trends
- As required, adopting the role of a Data Architect to ensure that the data architecture is compatible with the overall system architecture and meets non-functional requirements
- Identifying project risks / escalating issues and feeding back information to Managing Consultants, Project Managers, and/or Senior Management
- Providing input for work breakdown and estimation.
- Under the direction of a Project/Program Manager plan, run, and manage meetings with internal and external clients and leading quality assurance reviews
- Sharing best practice experience, advice and techniques
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 5+ years of data engineering.
- Ability to apply industry standard development approaches specifically agile continuous integration, continuous delivery through DataOps.
- Detailed Design, Coding, and Testing (Unit/CIT) of data pipelines within an existing product framework.
- Support for SIT and system test including building test data sets
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills
- Database engineering
- SPARK ETL, and pipelines engineering
- SQL knowledge
- Python data skills
- Knowledge about Excel and end user data tools
- Knowledge of reporting systems and patterns
- Azure knowledge
- JSON and Tabular data formats
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Ability to use Git
- Well being and lifestyle benefits
- Career path development
- + Many more great benefits
My client really understands the importance of work life balance which is why they offer a range of flexible working arrangements which include WFH / Flexible working.
They are looking to start the Interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
My client has limited interview slots so please apply urgently, please send your up to date CV to Nancy Tamplin firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 808 7304 for a catch up in complete confidence.