Senior AWS Architect - North West, UK
My client is a growing Solutions Provider, based in the North West. Providing a range of services from AWS, Azure, Private Cloud, Networking and Infrastructure.
This AWS Implementation/Solution Engineer role will turn into a Solutions Architect role within 6 months to a year. You will be mentored and coached how to Design Solutions, Pre-Sales proposals, Hosting Workshops etc. from the get go!
- Building out solutions - delivery and implementation
- Understanding business challenges
- Onboarding - taking on a customer's existing AWS infrastructure, getting it into a manageable state, cloud watch logging, alerting.
- Working with the development team, introducing pipelines
- Managed services
- Consultative services
- Managing costs, thresholds
- Security / remediation's
- Build pipelines
- Migrating databases
- Making things resilient, self-healing approach
- Lift and shift - bring in workloads from On-Prem to AWS
- Understanding business requirements and technical requirements
- Operational viewpoints
- Writing documentation
- Supporting designs, writing proposals
- Pre-sales engagements
- Building relationships
- Meeting new clients
- Providing high-level designs
- Client adoptions - AWS client-adoptive framework
- Taking visions, providing more detailed descriptions
- Leadership - bring the PM and Sales and Engineers together
- Solve problems
- Justify cloud investment
- Business case developments, productivity, efficiency, risk management
- Comfortable in different settings, 1 to 1 with clients, workshops with clients
- AWS (3+ years) - Fundamentals & understanding of core services
- Infrastructure as code
- Networking - Edge - Delivery
- Linux, Apache, MySQL, Bash
- Containerisation - great to see, not critical, have stuff in pipeline where they may require this
- Fast paced
- Client focused, pride in great customer service
- Team work
- Passionate about tech
- 'Happy staff' is their most important long term objective
- Thirst and desire to learn
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary between £50,000 and £78,000, dependant on the strength of your skill-set
- Private Healthcare
- Salary Review - every 6 months
- Events and Socials
- Plus more...
- Work Remotely during Lockdown
- When things return to normal, there will be flexibility, but going into the office will be encouraged
- Occasional travel to clients sites (when appropriate)
This is the brief description of the role, for the full information, simply apply to the role and I will call you to discuss.
This is an exclusive client to Nigel Frank International.
My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
If this wasn't exactly the role you were looking for, please apply to this role anyway, just highlight what you are looking for, apply with your CV with a brief overview of what you are looking for (The role, top 3 techs, location, salary).
I will call you to discuss your skill-set further, there may be other roles I am working on that you may be suited for.
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (Engineers, Analysts, Architects, Consultants, Project Managers, Management etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Phone: 0191 338 7633
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.