Remote Software Engineer in Test - 120K
Our client is located right outside of Boston and has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and has close to 600 employees. The expansion has created the need for an energetic and motivated Remote Software Engineer In Test to join our Software Engineering Team. If you would like to work at a fast-paced company that is experiencing high growth, keep reading!
Our client's products are developed with a focus on uncompromising quality and attention to detail. As a Senior Software Test Engineer, you will work closely with DevOps, Product Management and Software Engineering to test our applications on pre-production and production environments. Collaborating with key stakeholders, you will help automate the testing process to support client Healthcare's web application that garners traffic from 10,000+ users on weekly basis. Through a combination of automated and manual testing you will be responsible for ensuring that all users of our client's products have a seamless, consistent, and predictable experience.
What you'll do:
* Be a system thinker; develop subject matter expertise and understand the ways users use our products
* Participate in full SDLC as a member of a Scrum team attending daily standups and other required meetings
* Create and maintain both manual and automated test cases (automation using accelQ) that will put our products through rigorous end-to-end testing
* Perform product testing through the release cycle - including software and database changes - by executing functional, regression, service level and back-end tests as required
* Defect Management, including defect creation, test case updates, and interaction with developers for clarification and issue resolution
* Partner with the Product Owners (to provide feedback and suggestions for improvement of requirements), Developers (to ensure the delivery of a high-quality product), and DevOps (to incorporate test automation suites into our delivery pipeline)
* Conduct project post implementation reviews to identify lessons learned and actions for continuous improvement
* Assist and advise on best practices for testing, as well as make recommendations to improve efficiency and performance
* Escalate, in timely manner, any conflicts and issues and provide input for resolution
* Other duties as assigned
What you'll need:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields
* 3+ years of experience in software testing practices and methodologies, inclusive of working knowledge of software test automation
* 2+ years of experience in cross browser UI / functional test automation tools such as Selenium, QTP, accelQ, etc.
* Hands-on experience with relational database management systems with SQL
* Experience with test planning and test execution of web and non-web applications
* Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology (Agile/Scrum)
* Experience with Continuous Integration Test Management tools like Azure DevOps, GitHub, etc.
* Experience with Document Management tools like SharePoint
* Strong written and oral communication skills, along with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse range of technical and non-technical team members
* Fastidious attention to detail and a desire to deliver high quality products
Finishing touches (Preferred):
* Experience in Healthcare IT
* Experience with Data Lake/Warehouse testing with strong PL/SQL or Spark Scala skills
* Experience with service API test automation solutions
If interested, apply and email Kaitlin directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.