As Network Engineer, you will provide comprehensive design, installation, project management, maintenance, testing, and support at the highest level for all servers, client devices and network environment elements of the global information systems infrastructure.
You will also manage local network and system projects, provides assistance in transition of services from Network Services to Desktop Support. Provides technology thought and guides new hardware and software installations, upgrades, and trouble-shooting for all environments and related security.
Role & Responsibilities
- Planning, design, implementation, including managing of projects, and support activities to the server environment including Windows, Linux, VMware, Active Directory, and/or other server systems.
- Provide LAN and WAN network support including troubleshooting/repair, installation, upgrades, monitoring, reporting, and performance tuning support to commercial developers, external customers, and internal operations for network and security related applications through internal staff and external suppliers.
- Provides client support to all local and European office users to ensure productive is continuous.
- Assist in the inventory management for all local devices including, but not limited to, servers, switches, laptops, printers, wireless access points.
- Work closely with the security team to implement, audit and/or enforce security policies and programs.
- Continually research and recommend new technologies and best practices to the global organisation.
- Design and implement environments
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science equivalent work experience. Related work experience and industry recognised certifications will be considered.
- At least 5 years experience with overall computing architectures, WWW architectures, LAN/WAN networking, application design concepts and architectures, languages and tools across a wide spectrum of computing platforms and technologies.
- Detailed knowledge of VMware, Microsoft and Linux operating systems; MCSE, Cisco, and other certifications preferred.
- Extensive experience working with commercial developers, internal developers, and customers on the deployment and support of network and security tools for internal and WWW or other external facing infrastructure.
- Extensive experience with Cisco routers, firewalls and/or switches, network policy management, wide area network design and support including load balancers, point-to-point, Domain Management, VPN and MPLS.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with networking protocols and services.