My client is a leading independent logistics advisory, technology and managed services firm that helps companies identify and unlock the latent value in your supply chain. The company was founded in 2012 by a team of supply chain professionals with over 100 years combined experience in the Southern African supply chain and logistics industry. They are a 51% majority black-owned company with a Level 2 B-BBEE rating. Their head office is located in Johannesburg, South Africa with a regional team that offers extensive on-the-ground experience in sub-Saharan Africa with a footprint in Kenya, Rwanda, DRC, Ethiopia and Tanzania.
My client has a small, dynamic team and are a highly innovative company, building solutions to improve logistics in supply chain space. They have a passion for technology to build, and derive pleasure from finding solutions to problems, thriving in our diverse working environment.
- Building and integrating information systems to meet the company's needs.
- Work with software development and IT manager to design and deliver solutions
- Work with business analysts, implementation managers and the product manager to understand requirements
- Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
- Resolving technical problems as they arise.
- Providing supervision and guidance to development teams.
- Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
- Informing various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
- Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have.
- Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Experience in the supply chain and logistics industry
- Project management and leadership skills
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under indirect supervision
- Broad understanding of information technology topics
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative management style to include teamwork and team building ability
- Technically creative and open-minded
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the software development life cycle
- Experience in an architect role.
- Previous project management experience is advantageous.
- Designing in Microsoft.net Tech Stack
- SQL Server C Sharp SP.net - frameworks
- Angular, React
- SQL server database.
- Experience with platforms service hosting
- net Tech Stack.