Director of Data Architecture-- Remote-- Permanent
This is a remote and full-time position as Director of Data Architecture with a company in the hospital and health care industry. This company has won 2 different awards for Best Company To Work For. They are growing rapidly and recently just did a project helping the NFL and NBA track their Covid cases! This role is Director level, but focus is on clinical Data Architecture.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
* Guide a highly skilled technical team in the development of robust industry-leading software data products and user-centric solutions;
* Deep expertise in leveraging distributed SQL, NoSQL, and data acquisition, processing and visualization technologies
* Build on-top of Hadoop, Big Data-based data platforms as the core development and integration platform to bring disparate clinical capabilities and systems together
* Collaborate with the product development & management teams by clearly articulating the target technical environment and direction, and ensuring compliance with those parameters
* Ensure that capabilities are implemented securely congruent with the standards of the pharma industry
* Assure consistency, reusability, and deep integrations with a large number of applications/platforms
* Ensure that the product teams are apprised of relevant technology advancements, and facilitate discussions related to the general application of new and emerging concepts, tools, products and platforms.
* A minimum of 8 years of hands-on experience as an architect or developer of commercial software products
* A minimum of 3 years as a commercial software data architecture, in a lead capacity
* A minimum of 3 years formally managing other technical resources, with responsibility for individual performance management and cumulative team deliverables
* Significant experience with Hadoop, SQL and NoSQL distributed databases, Apache Spark technologies as the foundation of an open data platform, that serves as a glue integrating several solutions.
* Significant experience with APIs, web services, and general integration challenges and solutions
* Significant experience in Agile and/or Kaizen environments
* Working knowledge of information security in the pharma industry
* Experience in the Life Sciences, Healthcare or clinical drug development domains
* Exceptional written, verbal and presentation communication skills
* A proven track record of leadership and mentoring
* The ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with little direct supervision
If this role is of interested to you, please reach out to Emily at email@example.com!