Azure Enterprise Architect - Permanent - Remote - $190k
The Enterprise/Lead Architect will communicate/evangelize the architecture (principles, policies, standards and patterns) to development groups, business groups and customers; govern adherence to critical architectural principles. Work with Architects and Sr Architects as key interaction point for communication, evangelism, governance and feedback into central architecture. Work with Business/Product Strategy in order to stay up to date with business/product direction in order to anticipate long lead-time technology needs. Work with Research, Innovation, other units to understand where new technology/innovation might solve upcoming business problems. Position will also perform baseline logical reviews on key systems and may have direct reports or supervisory responsibilities.
- Synthesize business requirements with the direction of technology to generate new ideas and inventions. Communicate complicated technology concepts in a manner that is understandable in terms of business impact so that business decisions can be made. Partner with other Architects as a key interaction point for communication, evangelism, governance, and feedback into central architecture.
- Perform technical evaluations of new technology and acquisition candidates as required.
- Define and implement technology strategy such that we can reduce the number of similar technologies and consolidate on standards, and leverage ability to abstract and generalize such that common patterns can be extracted from the implementation "noise."
- Provide consultancy and leadership, and promote Software Engineering best practices.
- Review and approve changes to infrastructure subsystems and components. Provide architecture and design for large development efforts. Perform technical evaluations of new technology and acquisition candidates as required.
- Act as a conduit between Global Architecture (Enterprise Architects) and the Engineering or Development teams. Work across/with Architects from different organizations. Introduce/train teams with new technology.
- Drive technical direction and architecture evolution via reviews and on-floor leadership.
- Proactively research, monitor, learn, and assess industry/technology advancements and continually build alliances to explore ways to leverage and advance our technical opportunities.
- Master level in architectural design; master-level knowledge of architectural governance.
- Strong understanding of programming languages, code, and database.
- Proven experience of leading complex projects and customer relationships; and proven ability to work with external vendors to understand / communicate vendor technology strategy in the context of our architecture, as well as future engineering architectural strategies.
- Master-level knowledge in programming language(s); e.g., .Net, Java, HTML, Perl, C++, C#, PHP, etc.; or expert level in engineering discipline.
- Knowledgeable application patterns, tools and disciplines; e.g., API Management, microservices, services, performance tuning, Azure cloud PaaS integration solutions, cloud based data access patterns and blueprints, big data processing, machine learning/data science algorithm implementation.
- Expert in a plurality of the following technologies: Parallel and Distributed Processing Systems, Information Retrieval, Data Mining, Natural Language Processing, Very Large Scale Databases, Declarative Languages, and High-Performance Computing.
- Solid working knowledge in a plurality of the following areas: Network Design (LAN and WAN), Storage System Architectures, Service-Oriented Architecture technologies, XML and XSLT, and Parallel Processing Architectures (such as SMP and NUMA).
- Experience with a plurality of the following operating systems: Windows Server, UNIX (Linux), Azure Cloud (PaaS, IaaS), other cloud providers.
- Excellent problem-solving experience involving leading teams; and excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills; strong research skills and strong ability to develop architectural business cases tied to enterprise strategy.
Qualifications and Experience
- 15+ years of experience in software, network, or systems architecture
- 5+ years of cross-entity product architecture experience with proven track record of successful enterprise impacts
- BS Engineering/Computer Science + advanced degree or equivalent experience required
- Software - Development Processes (ie Agile); High Level Language Proficiency (ie Java); Scripting Language Proficiency (ie Python); and Web Service Architecture.
- Contributing With Impact - Communicates overall vision and business goals in a compelling and relevant way; building commitment and alignment to change.
- Driving Profitable Growth - Builds commitment, capabilities and discipline to execute strategic growth initiatives; Champions consistent, company-wide approaches (products, processes, policies and systems) to enhance expertise, efficiency and ability to scale; strikes an effective balance between focus on execution of strategic priorities and near-term operational priorities.
- Global IT Technical Capabilities - Understands what an enterprise continuum to classify contextual assets in architectures, such as policies, standards, strategic initiatives, organizational structures, and enterprise-level capabilities.
- Architecture - Data Architecture, Integration, Management, Modeling, Protection Laws; and Big Data Platform (ie Spark / Hadoop), NoSQL, and Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
- Azure Cloud experience required, certification a plus.
If this role is of interest, please contact Kaitlin today at email@example.com