Job Role: Dynamics 365 Solution Architect
Location: Groningen, Netherlands - but can be fully remote
Start date: ASAP
Contract: 12 Months
Language: English - fluent
As ERP Solution Architect, you are responsible for leading the conceptual design, planning, configuration, testing and deployment of efficient solutions in support of the clients ERP solution (Microsoft Dynamics 365).
Key objectives & responsibilities:
- You are responsible for proactively reviewing the Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP release documents to identify upcoming changes that may impact current integrations such as file layout, new or renamed fields, field size changes updates, data entities, reports, etc
- You review, analyse, and evaluate business processes and user needs to create written functional requirements and design specifications for ERP for hand off to the functional SMEs and/or technical teams.
- You ensure the IT liaison with the PMO and BRMs on ERP related issues, enhancements and problems. Participate in regular meetings on open issues, enhancements and configuration relating to the ERP system.
- You ensure that systems design and functionality parallel overall business strategies and future requirements.
- Work with developers to ensure that the developed ERP enhancements and modifications meet the business/user requirements.
- A minimum of 6+ years Dynamics AX functional & technical design and implementation experience.
- You should have participated in a minimum of 2-3 "large" greenfield Dynamics AX implementation projects in a role of Functional/Technical lead or architect.
- Experience in MS Dynamics AX 2012 R3 and D365 for Operations (AX7).
- Excellent functional knowledge of the Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP application, preferably: Finance, Trade & Logistics, Projects, and other modules.
- Experience in upgrading to the latest releases of Dynamics AX (code and data upgrade).
- Experience in complex integration development (web services, DIXF, .net custom client-server applications, knowledge of standard web services and integration protocols - Data, SOAP, JSON, REST, SSIS, direct SQL, Azure logic apps).
- Experience in performance optimisation (X++ application code, troubleshooting AX components, AXPerf, LCS Environment monitoring, SQL performance optimisation).
- Experience in environment and release management (ALM, TFS, Build processes, Environment management, Installation and configuration of AX and related components).
Knowledge and skills
- Demonstrates principles of quality customer service, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and flexible enough to work with different technical skill levels and skill sets.
- Strong organisational skills; detail-oriented while having the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong business background coupled with excellent written and oral skills for communication at all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Ability to gain the confidence of key personnel through value-added work product.
- Strong communication skills, fluent English, spoken and written is essential.