Site Reliability Engineer - Up to 60K - Fully Remote
My client helps organisations automate complex decision-making through the use of their award winning SaaS platform. Effectively they take an experts knowledge and convert it into machine intelligence which replicates human reasoning, except it's 100x faster and 25% more accurate.
What you'll be doing:
- Support and continuously improve tooling used by the development team to create efficiency's in the
- development process.
- Increase application observability and monitoring
- Monitor latency, traffic, errors and saturation, identify issues and work with the development team to
- implement solutions.
- Oversee production releases and be responsible for streamlining deployment and rollback processes.
- Be security conscious with continuous monitoring of security issues and remediation.
- Be responsible for operations support.
- Own and manage our development, testing and production infrastructure and associated costs.
- Be responsible for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
- Introduce automations in all of the above to streamline and de-risk.
- Own and manage the delivery of privately hosted and on-premise versions of my client's platform
- 2 or more years of experience in DevOps or SRE-related roles.
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, AWS, and modern distributed SaaS infrastructure.
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, ICMP,
VLANs, the OSI Model, IP Subnetting, and Load Balancing.
- Understanding of good monitoring and alerting practices, using tools like Datadog and Cloudwatch.
- Focus on security in the delivery of all levels of a system.
- Knowledge of the internal workings of at least one of: MySQL, Redis.
- Desire to learn and grow career as a Site Reliability Engineer.
- Previous experience working on the delivery of enterprise SaaS software would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in one or more of: Go, Node.js, bash.
If you'd like to find out more on this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact me on 0191 300 6939, alternatively you can send me an email containing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.