Sr. Systems Engineer - Remote - 120K
About the Company:
An employee-owned company with more than $4 billion in sales and more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North America, Asia, and other locations world-wide. Our client is the expert in creating safe and reliable supply chain solutions for end-users and suppliers of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients around the globe.
About the Role:
Sr. Systems engineers are responsible for the development and maintenance of efficient systems and processes. The goal of a Sr. Systems engineer is to eliminate inefficiencies in a specific process for the benefit of everyone involved, from those participating in the system to the eventual stakeholders who will reap the benefits. Sr. Systems engineers are curious problem solvers that look to exploit technology to deliver business value. Sr. Systems engineers focus on continuous delivery recognizing the need to introduce new capabilities as business needs change and processes need to be optimized.
Analyze & Design: Analyzes system and integration requirements by understanding business needs, troubleshooting, determining root cause, and lead the design, modification, and changes to system specifications.
Development: Leads the development, testing, and documentation activities according to specifications, standards, and system requirements in order to accomplish ideal business results and end to end connectivity of data and systems.
Systems Testing: Lead in the design of software system testing and validation procedures including unit testing, scenario testing and end to end testing
Implementation: Lead others to implement best practices on integrated solutions for complex problems enabling defined business process
Monitoring: Manages and monitors systems for the organization and ensures alignment with company guidelines and SOPs
Incident Management: Responds to system failures and performance events by taking appropriate measures to reduce system downtime and eliminate recurrence of problems with continuous improvement mindset.
System Setup: Lead in the installation, configuration, and comprehensive testing operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
Enterprise Architecture: Design and Deliver solutions with an understanding of Scoular's technical architecture, key platforms, integration strategy, and SOP's in mind to minimize environment complexity, support costs, and technical debt.
- 2+ experience with .Net/C#, Azure LogicApps, Azure - Functions, Data Lake/storage management & API Management.
- 2+ experience on Azure - On-premises Gateway, EventHub, Stream Analytics, Service Bus & SQL Data Warehouse.
- 2+ years' experience in EDI trading partner setup, mapping, certificates & customer/vendor on-boarding on old Biztalk platform.
- 2 + experience in Azure AS2 partner deployment & develop maps for EDI transaction sets 800 & 300 series and 997.
- Analyze source systems and create integration specifications (EDI, flat files, XSD & XSLT etc.) to facilitate effective data integration.
- Experience in Git Source control.
- Knowledge of the development and management required for REST APIs and SOAP implementations
- Demonstrated expertise with software development practices and rolling out new software technologies and solutions
- Ability to analyze business issues/opportunities and develop and implement IT initiatives that support organizational goals
Agile Development and SCRUM delivery methodologies and tools
Working experience in MS Azure stack,PowerApps,API,SQL and scripting languages, R and/or Python for statisticalmodeling,EDI,B2B, AI/ML, Windows, Unix/Linux