Lead Software Engineer-- Remote
MODERN APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT /FULL TIME
Our client is seeking a Lead Software Engineer with a passion for using technology to engineer solutions that creatively solve problems to deliver business value, with a focus on teamwork and project success. The role requires a broad and deep capability to map a client's problem domain to a fully developed end state solution. Our clients' needs require technically strong consultants who are resourceful, communicate well, and have good problem solving skills.
As part of a team that provides project based consulting, you will have the opportunity to work in multiple industry verticals, working on multiple teams and projects.
As a Lead Software Engineer, You will participate in the development life cycle including development, testing, and implementation. You will work hand-in-hand with the Architect, Project Managers and Business Analysts to understand the business requirements and build a software solution. In addition to lead functions, you will develop systems hands on, taking on the most technically complex and difficult development activities, and enabling the team to work collaboratively to complete.
General Description & Responsibilities
- Mentor and guide the team members in enhancing their technical capabilities and increasing productivity
- Understand project scopes, architectural diagrams and requirements to further breakdown more granular requirements and implementing them as part of a project team
Continuously improving while adhering to process compliance of the company, team and project
- Solve technically complex problems and prioritize tasks based on technical knowledge
- Act as the point of escalation for Software Engineers and other technical delivery roles within project teams
- Facilitate and coordinate appropriate and effective communication channels within their project team, and across teams through the other Technical Team Leads
- Promote the organization's present technology within a team
Placement Criteria & Requirements
- Strong experience (5+ years) with C#, including: Development, diagnosing and debugging, Classes, Interfaces, Delegates and Events, Generics, Anonymous methods and lambda expressions, Exceptions, transactions and error handling, .NET Framework 3.5 and higher
- Strong experience (3+ years) with web service development (WCF, WebAPI, Microservices)
- Strong experience (3+ years) with Entity Framework and LINQ
Strong experience with Microsoft Azure, including: Web Apps and Cloud Services (web roles and worker roles), SQL Azure, BLOB and Table storage, Service Bus, Queues and Topics, Azure Management, including deployments, configuration and the SDK
- Strong understanding and implementation of software design patterns, including: Basic OO concepts such as encapsulation and abstraction, SOLID principals such as single responsibility, dependency injection and interface driven design.
- Strong experience (5+ years) with database development in SQL Server 2008 R2 or higher, including: T-SQL, Tables and Views, Procedures and Functions
- Strong knowledge and experience with software modelling and diagraming, including: Reference Architecture, Use Case, Process Flow, Call Chain diagrams (UML or other), Entity Relationship diagrams, Logical layer, physical layer diagrams
- Strong experience with Team Foundation Server, Git and/or VSO, including source control, build and task management
- Strong experience with code reviews, source control and release management
- Interested in learning new technologies, creative, open-minded and a great team player
- Ability to instrument, profile, debug, and optimize server and client code to resolve complex issues with distributed systems
- Adept at task switching to handle varying workload, while meeting tight deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent Experience
If this is of interest to you, please reach out to Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org