Sr. Application Developer Full time * REMOTE * $65-70 hr
Our client in the Mountain Region is looking for a Sr Application Developer. Our Client is seeking a short-term, full-stack, custom application development resource to partner with the existing development resources to accelerate progress. Business requirements have been gathered and software solution analysis is complete. The project team and Information Technology Services (ITS) group have decided to pursue a custom web application to meet the requirements of the project. Wireframes have been designed and approved for the basic design of the application and the foundation of the software is currently under development using Ruby on Rails with a PostgreSQL backend.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
To succeed in this position, the technical lead must be an expert in development of complex, full-stack web applications, and be strong in the following technologies:
- 5+ years Ruby on Rails development, including current versions
- PostgreSQL databases
- SCSS, SASS, CSS, and HTML
- ActiveRecord including nested associations
- Linux basic shell scripting, routine command-line administrative tasks (no GUI), system security
Job duties and responsibilities of the position: Duties shall include, but not be limited to:
- Experience with developing custom web applications in an Agile project environment
- Experience creating databases, tables, and views in Postgres DB
- Experience creating user interfaces using HTML, SASS, Bootstrap
- Working closely with a small core team of senior engineers to implement new features, enhancements, and bug fixes
- Must work with internal customers to understand data needs and potential solutions
- Responsible for testing and improving the user experience across platforms including multiple browsers, OS X, and Windows.
- Proven record of providing software quality assurance.
- Deploying new releases using a Git/Jenkins driven release process
- Development of application user manuals.
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft Dynamics recruitment, advertising more Dynamics CRM jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in Microsoft Dynamics we have been able to build an extensive network including thousands of employers who are in need of professionals who specialize within the Microsoft Dynamics CRM platform.
If this is a position that you are interested in and qualified for, or maybe know someone who would find value in this post, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org