Sr. Software Engineer Director - Permanent - Remote - $200k
This company has embarked on an exciting technology transformation journey to create a next generation data platform, reimagining everything from how we collect and process data to how we deliver insights to their clients. Their goal is to deliver innovative, efficient and cost-effective solutions to meet client needs thereby driving business growth while adhering to the global platform vision. The Platforms teams broad remit encompasses all the services and applications used for managing the company's data dictionaries and client consumption.
The Sr. Director - Software Engineering, Platforms builds long-term strategic plans leveraging their technical expertise, collaborates with the business to determine business priorities, leads implementation of customer requirements, supports the organization's budget/planning, and creates the technology vision to support the ongoing life cycle management of applicable key products and systems. In this role, you will lead and manage an agile engineering team globally to design, build and deliver highly scalable, reliable and performance platforms. You will partner with other strategic product and technology leadership to ensure the company's solutions always put the client at the center of what we develop. In addition, you will nurture new developers across the company's engineering group working closely with Platform Product Managers and Platform Architects to ensure product objectives are realistic but aggressive, and success metrics are identified and measured. As their platform lead, you will help enforce and continuously improve their software development practices, processes, and tools and empower / mentor team members to improve their craft, deliver high quality products, and develop themselves as leaders.
- Bring innovative new ideas to solve complex data problems
- Partner with stakeholders to determine development priorities
- Responsible for leaders with teams of both internal and external technology resources.
- Meet or exceed operational targets, service-level agreements, schedules, quality or cost requirements.
- Make long-term and short-term decisions in relationship to product development strategies as they relate to the overall business strategy.
- Perform reviews to ensure enterprise and architectural standards and processes are followed.
- Utilize best practices and understand emerging trends.
- Develop leaders to build leadership bench strength.
- Serves as a senior source of software development expertise.
- Lead the development of technical standards, and perform reviews to ensure enterprise and architectural standards and processes are followed.
- Design and work with complex data models.
- Seek diverse ideas and perspectives from a variety of sources to create better solutions, products, and services.
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure all staff is provided with training and resources needed to perform their jobs to the most outstanding degree possible. Ensure all staff is provided with frequent feedback and coaching in order to meet and exceed individual and team performance goals consistently.
- Manage and encourage new ideas from staff to foster improvements through innovations.
- Empower the staff to be accountable and responsible for their own actions and decisions.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Hands-on experience with public cloud providers (Azure is a plus)
- Experience with developing microservices architecture and distributed systems (Microsoft .NET a plus)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code frameworks
- Experience in running and developing Agile teams..
- Strong knowledge of architectural principles.
- Proven ability to leverage technical metrics to drive effective business decisions.
- Proven expert in partnering with and leading internal and external technology resources in solving complex business needs.
- Expertise and proven experience with various resource models such as Managed Services and Staff Augmentation models.
- Strong proficiency in multiple database technologies, design and manipulation, optimization, best practices, and leading industry trend knowledge.
- Expertise in techniques for design and code reviews of offshore technical proposals.
- Experience in code reviews and development approaches.
- Proven ability to lead test-driven development and maintenance.
- Expertise in industry technology language development trends.
- Excellent skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others.
- Excellent organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and excellent delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various size and complexity.
- Excellent problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc., including diction/terminology and presenting information in a concise and effective manner to clients, management, and various departments using assorted communication mediums.
- Strong budgeting and finance skills.
Experience & Education
- 15+ years of Software Development experience
- 7+ years of Software Development leadership experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred
If this role is of interest, please contact Shannon today at email@example.com