Senior Big Data Engineer - Remote - 130K
About the Client:
Our client is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers that was recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and has 450 employees.
About the Role:
As a Remote Senior Database Engineer, you will join the growing Engineering team. You will work with teams of engineers to help them all learn, grow and succeed. You will provide technical leadership to the team and hold accountability for technical decisions.
The Senior Big Data Engineer:
* Has more than 5 years of experience in a fast-paced Agile software development environment
* Ensures solutions are built, according to business and technical specifications, supporting an error-free and high-performing platform
* Contributes significantly to architectural decisions around our data
* Performs code reviews and supports SQL optimization and tuning
* Mentors more junior members of the team
* Participates in Agile ceremonies
* Is always thinking of better ways to do something
* Isn't afraid to fail
* Cares deeply about quality
* Solid computer science fundamentals
* Understands deeply how to build data warehouses and data marts
* Advanced knowledge of Big Data PaaS components in the cloud, preferably with Azure
* Strong ability to design and build complex software systems in the cloud to meet any Big Data needs
* Demonstrated ability to create normalized and star-schema database designs using database modeling techniques. Superior understanding of normalization and denormalization.
* Expert-level data modeling
* Working knowledge of RDBM-SQL Server specifically, and NoSQL-MongoBD a plus; as well as Graph databases
* Prefer experience with Redshift and/or Azure SQL DWH to import data to SQL
* Azure Cloud OLAP Analytics experience will put you a top the list!
* Any data visualization experience a plus, Tableau
* Can deliver high-quality data solutions with minimal supervision