Senior Software Development Engineer
As the leader of the design team, the Software Development Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of deliverable software for industrial real-time PC-based products using .NET, WPF, Windows Forms, C#, SQL & WCF.
In addition, the team leader will provide vision and guide both internal and external resources in the development of future embedded and web-based platforms.
- Develop multi-user WPF User Interface desktop applications to process and display real-time and historical data from embedded control systems.
- Develop client-server communications to keep the PC Software in sync with the embedded control system using WCF services with advanced data caching.
- Build and maintain databases to store and retrieve historical and real-time information using Microsoft SQL Server and Entity Framework.
- Work with the development team and graphics designers to delegate tasks to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Effectively meet service design/implementation requests, resolve customer incidents/requests, handle escalations, and make continuous improvements to meet business needs.
- Be an important part of our company's platform, including leading and facilitating decision making during technical planning for future products.
- Take the lead in developing and maintaining programming standards within the development team. Includes internal training, mentoring, and supporting the use of best practices within the organization.
- 5+ years of professional C# programming experience designing and implementing complex software applications.
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skill are essential.
- Detailed understanding of WPF development environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server/Team Services.
- Knowledge of SQL databases, Entity Framework, scripts, and stored procedures.
- Experience building advanced client-server applications.
- Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a small team on a wide-ranging set of projects.
- Bachelors of Science degree in computer science or computer engineering.
- Experience working with embedded real-time systems including C/C++ on Linux or Windows Embedded Systems (WES-7/8/10).
- Experience working in a software production environment on complex real-time projects.
- Knowledge of web applications, cybersecurity and open-source technologies.
- Experience overseeing customized development of processes for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with Telerik UI controls and Microsoft Expression Blend to create custom user controls.