What you can expect
This team is aiming to get back into the office in Cape Town on a 2/3 day a week hybrid schedule from H2 (or when safe to do so). You'll form part of an existing team:
- Developing highly performing, robust, quality and scalable features following best practices,
- Contributing to technical discussions and challenge peers to ensure the best possible technical approach to building solutions are implemented.
- Planing, configure and maintain development environments.
- Diagnose and resolve application, configuration, and code level technical support issues.
- Performing software version control according to best practices.
- Understanding the product development life cycle and what each party involved offers.
- Working with the product owner and architects to unpack, understand, challenge and refine requirements.
- Participating and contribute to backlog grooming, task breakdowns and estimations.
- Ensuring that all written code is well commented and maintained for current and future use.
A minimun of 6 years C#.NET development experience in a team based environment is non-negotiable. Ideally coming from a SME or smaller team of developers in a non-corporate environment.
Strong knowledge required in:
- WebApi 2.0 and EF 6
- HTML 5
- CSS 3 (modern usage with methods such as Flex, etc)
Minimum 1-year recent working experience in a senior role within an enterprise level development team.
Beneficial skills to have:
- Office 365 Development (Add-Ins, Office.JS, SharePoint Online API)
- Entity Framework, JSON, XML
- Office Document development (Using OpenXml to create and read document)
- Multi-threaded applications
- Azure services such as Apps, Web Jobs, AD, Service Bus and Queues, etc.
- Azure architecture (Service Plans and Resources).
- ALM and continuous integration using VSTS
- SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint Online knowledge
- 18 days' leave
- Team building events
- Casual dress code
- Great location in the northern suburbs of Cape Town
- Training and up-skilling in Azure
- Hybrid work-from-home model
If you're interested in applying, please send over your updated CV to Stacey Maritz: s.maritz @nigelfrank.com.
Good luck with your application!