Senior Azure Security Architect - Permanent - Remote - $190k
This Partner Client is currently seeking an experienced Cloud Security Architect with extensive Azure knowledge to join our team of expert technical and management consultants.
- Cloud Infra security and Compliance assessments
o AWS, GCP, Azure
o CIS Benchmarks, etc.
o NIST 800-53, PCI, ISO27002
- Cloud Security Program consulting-help customers;
o justify creating a cloud security program,
o stand up a cloud security program from scratch,
o review customer's existing Cloud Security Programs,
o review customer's existing corporate policies to prepare them for Cloud initiatives: data classification, data protection, etc.
Security Architecture reviews for Cloud-based applications, covering:
o Infrastructure Security
o Data Protection
- encrypt data at rest using Cloud Service Provider provided keys vs using customer managed key
- encrypt data in transit using the latest TLS
o Key Management
- What secrets are in use in the app; how are they handled? Secrets Manager, HSM, written to a file?
o Web Application Security
o Cyber Security: Attack Scenarios/kill chain, threat actors and controls
o Secure SDLC Methodologies
o Threat Modelling
o Vulnerability Assessments
- AlertLogic, Nessus, Qualys, etc.
- Implementing security controls in the cloud, including;
o Security Groups, NACLs
o IAM Policies
o Web App Firewalls
o Logging and Monitoring, etc.
- Working in a DevSecOps program, including;
o Adding security controls to the CICD pipelines
o Providing security guidance to the Pipeline DevOps team
o Compliance automation
o Assist the team with mapping compliance checks, writing compliance rules, and enhancing base compliance rules (as an example, adding content on top of CIS Benchmarks)
Information Security Requirements:
- 10 years+ in Information Security space.
- Proven experience in design, implementation and operation of large-scale security architecture solutions in a large and complex multi-supplier / multi-platform environment.
- Proven understanding of operational integration of security functions
- Strong experience with security technologies, including Firewalls, DLP, web filtering, NAC, IDS/ IPS, SSO, IAM, Certificate Management, SIEM, Endpoint Protection, Anti-malware, vulnerability management.
- Security Domain Coverage Required
- Cloud/SaaS Security experience
- Infrastructure Security experience
- Key Management experience
- Web Application Security experience
- Cyber Security: Attack Scenarios/kill chain, threat actors and controls
- Secure SDLC Methodologies
- Threat Modelling experience
- Vulnerability Assessments experience
- Information Security Governance experience
- Proven ability in security process and organizational design
- Well-rounded background in host, network, database, and application security.
- Experience implementing security controls in a self-service environment.
- Direct experience with Azure.
- Basic understanding of Python language
- Formal training in and experience using an enterprise architecture methodology (for example TOGAF)
- Information Security Architecture Experience within other Enterprise organizations
- Strong oral, written, and presentation abilities with technical and executive presentation experience.
- Current understanding of Industry trends and emerging threats.
Typical Engagement Responsibilities
- Architect cloud security solutions
- Understand and Articulate security requirements to other cloud architects so they can producing compliant designs
- Perform hands-on proofs of concept for security-related technologies
- Script and interact with cloud resource provider models
- Design and author documents including security policies, standards, and procedures
- Contribute to Cloud Policy documents addressing governance, security and compliance
- Perform application security risk assessments, gap analysis and remediation plans
- Lead creation of framework-based system security plans for NIST 800-53, FEDRAMP, PCI-DSS
- Organize preparations for PCI-DSS system compliance audits
- Specify and code policy-as-code compliance rules to achieve control requirements
- Understand cryptography and specify appropriate cryptographic configurations to meet requirements
- Participate in assessment of on-prem applications for cloud migration
Benefits & Perks
- Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans
- Financial protection through disability, life, accidental death & dismemberment, and business travel insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- FSA & HSA accounts to help you set aside pre-tax dollars for your healthcare needs
- To help manage your work - life needs; we offer an employee assistance program, professional certification reimbursement, subsidized gym participation reimbursement, financial and wellness seminars
- Long-term care insurance
- Generous paid time off program
- Enjoy our monthly employee social events
- Public speaking opportunities at the company or local events
If this role is of interest, please contact Shannon today at email@example.com