Lead Test Automation Engineer
An international investment management company is hiring for a skilled Lead Test Automation Engineer. This company has a user base of over 500 users in 6 countries and they need a driven, self-motivated engineer who will be responsible for the quality control of their product.
The 2 primary components are:
- Development of test plans and co-ordination of the Client Support team to execute these plans
- Develop automated test suites.
This role is primarily a Test Automation Engineer:
- Write and deploy automated tests for key parts of the system to allow rapid release cycles
- Work closely with the software development team to identify parts of the system that offer "bang for buck" for testing automation whilst consciously leaving certain parts of the system for manual testing
- Ensure test automation / performance solutions and framework designs are established and kept relevant
- Design, build, execute and deploy effective test automation solutions in the application, using appropriate automation technologies to meet the short-and long-term goals of the testing organisation. The aim is to automate as much of the testing effort as possible with a minimum set of code/scripts through the applicable test automation framework.
- Define and setup testing strategies and plans to enable current compatibility/backward compatibility testing to prevent software failure due to performance between software application and infrastructure related issues.
- Review test requirements to ensure they are clearly identified, prioritised and satisfied by business solutions.
- Coordinate and manage life-cycle of defect priorities.
- Reporting - qualitative and quantitative on project progress across multiple dimensions to ensure successful delivery of project and management visibility.
- Active identification and management of automation project risks and the required resolution thereof with different.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers, role players and third parties to achieve predefined objectives.
- Introduce best practices and influence the divisions to change and adopt accordingly.
- Be able to write performance tests
As a secondary requirement the candidate should be able to lead Testing Co-ordination with manual testers within the company:
- Build manual testing plans with help of the Software Development and Client Support teams
- Ensure test plans are fit for purpose and efficient - targeting of high-risk areas which are difficult to automate rather than a shotgun approach is critical
Experience should indicate a history of successful achievement. This should be a common thread throughout school, post school studies & work achievement.
- Minimum of 3 -5 years' experience in test automation role.
- Strong experience of web application testing (particularly SPA web apps)
- Minimum 1-3 years in a managerial or co-ordination role
- Strong manual test plan development experience
- Strong EQ skills
Prior experience which may be beneficial to this role:
- Knowledge of FinTech software products
- Strong business analysis skills
- Knowledge of web & mobile software development
- Software stacks
- UX processes and tools
- Testing tools and processes
If you would like to join a forward thinking company, take ownership of the automation testing department and drive the automation strategies, get in touch with your updated CV.
Please note you can be situated in JHB or Cape Town for this role, but 100% remote applications cannot be considered at this point.