SQL DBA -MS Gold Partner - Up to £55,000
My client offers award winning IT Consultancy and Modern Managed Services for Oracle, Microsoft and Cloud technologies (particularly Oracle Cloud, Azure and AWS).
Due to recent investment and business growth, they are now looking for an experienced SQL Server DBA to join our team. This role, which comes with an attractive package, will see time split between support for our managed services customers and some project work during busy periods.
Their mission is to ensure that their clients have access to enterprise grade application platforms that are optimally managed, whether on-premise or in the cloud.
The role reports directly to the Head of Managed Services and will be the first point of contact for our customers' incidents and problems.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain support for Managed Clients, responding to tickets and support functions.
- Assist with third level support issues as and when required via the Service Desk
- Assist with covering in hours support between 08:30 and 18:00 as needed
- Understand and help with the client installs their enterprise monitoring solution (UIM).
- On Call Support: The role will carry an on-call element.
What you will need:
- SQL Server Relational Database Engine Database administration from SQL 2000 to 2017.
- Microsoft Azure implementation and suppor (desirable)
- Disaster recovery including log shipping, Mirroring and availability groups.
- Architecture, design and implementation of highly available database solutions (OLTP)
- Experience of transactional replication
- Database & Application performance tuning
- Understanding and application of database design techniques
- Transact-SQL programming skills
- Data querying and display using Reporting Services (SSRS), Performance Point Services and Excel Service
- Multi-Cloud experience and understanding e.g. AWS would be beneficial.
- Understanding of Windows and core services like Active Directory, DNS
- Appreciation for Hardware components
- Secondary Technical Skills - Business Intelligence
- Large-scale data manipulation and Extract Transform and Load (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services, Transact-SQL code and other techniques
- OLAP cube architecture, design and implementation using SQL Server Analysis Services
- Familiarity with SQL Server development tools (Management Studio and Business Intelligence Development Studio)
- A working knowledge of one or more .NET development languages and associated database APIs
For further details please send your CV or contact me directly on email@example.com