About the Role:
Our client is looking for a full-time, remote Systems/DevOps Engineer to join their development team. You will be a participating member of a SCRUM team who will execute planned user stories as well as being tasked with maintaining system stability for existing systems.
Candidates should have recent experience managing cloud resources. A strong background in Windows environments is necessary with the ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and remediate problems with Windows, applications using .NET Framework, and other Microsoft (mostly Azure) products and services. The ability to script using PowerShell for process automation is required. The perfect candidate would have had past exposure to EDI as well.
This position will build-out and administer our Azure systems which includes both IaaS resources and PaaS applications. It also serves as the technical back-stop for our application support team. Application deployments will be completed using both Azure DevOps and internally developed tools in order to deliver value to customers as part of our development pipeline.
● Schedule and support automated software deployments to customers based on development output.
● Provide engineering and technical guidance to the application support team with the assistance of developers.
● Align engineering efforts with software releases and development strategy.
● Build and support IaaS Azure environments for customers and internal usage.
● Automate the administration and monitoring of systems and Azure resources using scripting and software tools.
● Work with developers to offer implementation guidance for EDI file transfers to the application support team.
● Attention to detail and organization.
● Must possess the ability to analyze software and systems using a logical and methodical process.
● Must be able to implement process automation using scripts and cloud tools.
● Ability to execute and understand simple SQL scripts used for administration.
● Familiarity with supporting applications running on .NET Framework and cloud resources.
● Previous experience with cloud technologies in either Azure or AWS. (Azure is preferred.)
● Desire to grow and learn the latest tools, technologies, and methodologies with a growing development team.
● Ability to collaborate closely with other remote team members to achieve optimal results.
● Since the position is remote, candidates must possess the ability to operate in a transparent environment where work is documented for team collaboration.