Senior BI Lead - Permanent - Cleveland, Ohio - $130k
This company is seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Lead to join their rapidly growing organization. The ideal candidate will have 10-plus years' experience designing and developing end-to-end business intelligence solutions, with at least 5 years of experience using Microsoft's business intelligence tool stack, primarily focused on SQL Server, SSIS, and Power BI. The successful candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of BI and data warehouse environments and related technologies. The chosen candidate will work with all levels of the business to document requirements, design, develop, test, and support data warehouse operating environments and reporting solutions.
- Exercise control over the design and architecture of the SQL data model, employing dimensional modeling techniques (slowly changing dimensions, accumulating snapshots, bridge dimensions, etc..) and ensuring changes adhere to BI's architectural standards.
- Develop an understanding of how SQL modeling decisions impact the PowerBI tabular data models as well as custom calculations in DAX.
- Develop ETL processes in Integration Services packages as well as stored procedures, tables, indexes, views and any other needed database objects to support the ETL process
- Develop automated and reusable routines/patterns for extracting and transforming information from various source applications
- Ensure that architectural designs adhere to standards/principles and follow usability and scalability design standards
- Identify, coordinate, and resolve the root cause of day-to-day production issues and streamline business intelligence processes
- Partner with the business functions to develop a keen understanding of Redwood's business processes and develop metrics, KPI's, and analytic solutions to address their information needs
- Determine business information and reporting requirements with key subject matter experts through a variety of interviewing and facilitation techniques
- Analyze complex data systems and document data elements, data flow, relationships and dependencies
- Build and manage data sets for reporting integration, dashboards, data visualization, data mining, and predictive analytics
- Promote development and growth of the analytics team through community engagement and training
- Constantly monitor data science trends, emerging tools and technologies to continually improve frameworks, processes and best practices
- Act as subject matter expert in the implementation of new approaches, identifying the optimal blend of measurement and analytic techniques. Present data and analyses clearly and articulately to all levels of the organization
- Define the overall BI data architecture, including Extract Transfer Load (ETL) processes, operational data store (ODS), enterprise data warehouse (EDW), data marts, and data lakes, as appropriate
- Work with users and Master Data Management team to ensure accurate, complete, and quality data are the foundation of our analytic platforms
- Provide BI technical and architectural guidance to projects and teams, ensuring that new initiatives enable effective reporting and analyses
- Assist and train data analysts in various data mining and reporting techniques
- Promote a self-service oriented user community and a data-driven, fact-based, decision-making culture with high accountability and ownership
- Lead or facilitate the training and change management efforts required to ensure broad user adoption of the solutions and tools provided
- Assume lead role in the Agile project management methodology
- Measure strategic and operational effectiveness of key business analytic initiatives and programs
- Aid BI team members with issues needing technical or complex systems expertise
- Provide on-the-job training for new or less experienced team members.
- Promote discovery and dissemination of information by maintaining a searchable catalog of available analytics
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related degree or equivalent experience is required
- 10+ years of experience designing and building of enterprise data warehouses and related processes and proven expertise in data modeling.
- Self-starter who is an exceptional team player with a positive attitude
- Experience facilitating meetings, building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary with stakeholders and technical staff
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and priorities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- 5+ years of practical experience with Microsoft's BI stack:
- SQL Server (2012 - 2019)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Power BI - Visualization and Tabular Models (DAX)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience coding stored procedures and scripting languages (VB / C#)
- Visual Studio Team Services experience
- 1+ years of practical experience with Microsoft's cloud-based business analytics technologies
- Knowledge of metadata management and data governance processes and technologies
- Experience using APIs (RESTful, Web API, SOAP) for data extraction and integration.
- ETL architecture leadership of best practices in design, development and scheduling methodologies
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated intellectual rigor
If this role is of interest, please contact Shannon today at firstname.lastname@example.org