Azure Senior Consultant - Remote - Permanent - $150k
The Digital Insights Senior Consultant will lead a team of consultants through the design, development and enhancement of Data and Advanced Analytics solutions, both as independent projects and as part of cross functional teams. As part of the Digital Insights service line, the Sr. Consultant will collaborate with Architects, Project Managers and other team Managers to ensure optimized delivery of solutions. The successful candidate will have a strong technical background as well as extensive experience leading large and highly technical projects. As a technical leader, the Digital Insights Sr. Consultant will set strategic direction for the team in alignment with industry trends. The ideal candidate will have extensive Microsoft and Open Source technology experience implementing Big Data with Advanced Analytics solutions including data ingestion, data storage, data shaping, machine learning, predictive analytics and data visualization.
- Provide direct performance management of team members through 1:1 meetings, regular communication with project teams and formal performance reviews
- Be responsible for new talent evaluation, acquisition and onboarding
- Guide and oversee the professional development of team members through coaching and training
- Maintain the applicable Microsoft Competency designations for the team as part of individual and group training plans
- Coordinate with the Architecture and other technical teams to define and implement the latest software technologies within the team
- Manage the technical assets for multiple projects as a cross functional technical lead
- Assist in new business development and presales through the development of proposals, SOW's and RFP's.
- Strong collaboration skills, works well with ambiguity, works well across roles and groups
- Ability and willingness to take the initiative to facilitate teamwork and serve the client needs first
- Ability to engage directly with the customer and end users
- Ability to design and implement Advanced Analytics solutions based on customer needs and knowledge of Microsoft and Open Source technologies
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the team, including Project Managers, Software Engineers and Business Analysts
Placement Criteria & Requirements
- 10+ years experience in a predictive and decision support analytics function
- 6+ years quantitative analysis experience
- 6+ years of consulting leadership or management experience
- 3+ years of advanced analytics development experience
- 3+ years technical team leadership or management experience
- Ability to travel to customer locations in US and Canada
- Strong foundation in statistics
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or related field
- MBA or Advanced Degree preferred
- General architecture
- Designing large-scale analytical systems
- Being able to interpret business requirements into functional and then technical requirements
- Understanding of designing workflow/process-based systems
- Experience solutioning Cloud based enterprise data architectures
- Information architecture
- Data Modeling principles for relational and dimensional data structures
- Data Warehouse design principles (e.g. Kimball, Inmon)
- Data Lake design principles
- Hybrid enterprise data architecture
- Expertise using various open source or dedicated analytics tools - Matlab, R, etc.
- Microsoft SQL Server technologies:
- SQL Server core database engine (T-SQL code development)
- SQL Server Integration Services
- SQL Server Analysis Services
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- Big Data technologies:
- HDFS, HBase
- MapReduce, Spark
- Hive, Spark-SQL
- Microsoft O365 technologies
- Microsoft Azure
- Cortana Intelligence Suite
- Azure PaaS
- Azure Data Services
- ADF, Cosmos db, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL, Azure Storage, etc., etc.
- Azure Databricks
- Azure Data Factory / Data Catalogue
- Information architecture
- Taxonomies, Metadata Management and Master Data Management principles
- Data Stewardship, Ownership and Quality Management principles
- Data Science application experience
- Languages: R, Python, SAS, Alteryx, JSON, XML
- Platforms: R Studio, Azure ML Studio, etc.
- General DBMS experience
- RDBMS - Oracle, DB2, MySQL, etc.
- NoSQL - Hbase, Cassandra, DataStax, MongoDB, CouchDB, etc.
- General Reporting capabilities
- Power BI, Qlik, Cognos, MicroStrategy, etc.
o Microsoft SQL Server technologies:
- SQL Server Analysis Services (MDX code development)
- SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft PowerBI
- DAX, M
For information on the Azure market and some of the opportunities and Azure jobs that are available I can be contacted at email@example.com. Please see www.nigelfrank.com
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft Dynamics and Azure, advertising more Azure jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in Azure market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and Azure jobs are. I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.
Microsoft Recruitment | Microsoft Careers & Jobs | Nigel Frank
Head Office Contacts. USA: Frank Recruitment Group Inc, 21st Floor, 110 William Street, New York City, New York, USA, NY 10038 | Tel: +1 212-731-8242 UK: Nigel Frank International, The St. Nicholas Building, St. Nicholas Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 1RF | Tel: +44 191 230 1883 Singapore: Frank Recruitment Group Private Ltd, 15th Floor, Royal One Philip, 1 Philip Street, Singapore, 048692 ...