This award-winning Microsoft Partner are looking for a Data Engineering Lead to join their fast-growing team. With 11 Gold Competencies, they are well known for their expertise and excellent customer relationships. Due to their project pipeline, they have built a brand new Data practice and this role will be a key part of developing and growing the Data Engineering part of the business.
This is a 100% remote role, this consultancy has a great collaborative culture and good communication skills are a must-have.
Role & Responsibilities
- Drive and Manage the Data Engineering sub-practice, setting standards for across the team and supporting Junior staff members
- Working closely with external customers to guide them through their data journey
- Using latest trends and market information to collaborate with and guide customers and the internal team
* Responsible for design, development, and testing of data engineering solutions, while adhering to architectural standards and requirements for maintainability and scalability.
* Design and implement data integration processes from various data sources into ADLS, Azure SQL, and Azure Synapse
* Design and implement Data Lake processes that support data provisioning capabilities to feed analytical requirements.
* Develop ETL solutions using Azure Data Factory to load data into the Data Warehouse.
* Work closely with BI developers to empower them to map reports to standardized data models.
* Designs security for data policies and standards.
* Partner with business analysts in understanding and translating business requirements into user stories, requirements, and acceptance criteria in support of delivering consumable data.
* Write technical documentation in support of the data engineering solutions being developed.
* Review completed code, documentation, and other deliverables to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements based on defined expectations.
* Participate in daily, weekly, and bi-weekly sprint cadence calls with the agile project team.
* Support the Data & Insights Practice by developing a strategy and roadmap for the Data Platform & Data Engineering center of excellence.
* Establishes and enforces processes and standards driving consistency across the Data Platform and Data Engineering center of excellence.
* Supports hiring, onboarding, training, managing, etc. data engineering team members to deliver superior products to our clients.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will need to have experience in working with external/internal customers delivering Data Engineering based solutions that drive strong business impact. Our team covers the entire life cycle of information utilization, from ideation through implementation.
* Experience utilizing tools such as: Azure Cloud, Azure Blob, ADLS, Cosmos DB, Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Azure Synapse, Azure Stream Analytics, PowerBI, MS SQL Server BI Stack, including SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, T-SQL, Power Query, etc.
* Deep understanding of database fundamentals, including relational database design, multidimensional database design, OLTP, and OLAP
* Experience with multiple programming languages (Python, C#, .Net, etc.)
* Experience with API data integrations into Azure and on-premise environments
* Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop or HDInsight, Hive, Spark, Kafka, etc.
* Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Must have the ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
* 5+ years' experience with a Major cloud data engineering technology
* 3+ years, recent experience developing solutions in Azure Cloud, Azure Blob, ADLS, Cosmos DB, Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Azure Synapse and/or Microsoft SQL Server
If you believe you are a good fit, please apply and email me directly at email@example.com