C# Senior Software Engineer - Permanent - Bethesda, MD - $150k
The company's engineers are responsible for building new products that provide a simple user experience for complicated business processes. This includes insurance enrollments and calculations, HRIS features, payroll integration, and other third-party integration. You'll get your hands dirty building user interfaces one day and large-scale back-end apps the next. They grow year after year and have a lot of products and a lot of data resulting in some unique and challenging engineering requirements. You'll be involved in product development for design through implementation and will have a high degree of input throughout the process.
They expect their senior engineers to manage a product from conception to installation. You should be just as comfortable working alone as with a team, enjoy a continuous development cycle, and should always be willing to help a colleague with design, review, or advice.
Their junior and mid-level engineers have a lot of latitude for implementation but receive mentoring and regular feedback from peers.
They code in C# and use ASP.NET MVC 5 with a homegrown micro-ORM, HTML5, Bootstrap, Vue.js, jQuery, underscore.js, and a smattering of others.
Named a Top Workplace by the Washington Post in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
What they're looking for:
* Technical leadership - lead other developers, drive a product
* Experience building and maintaining products with real-world usage
* Ability to rapidly iterate and roll out new code -- they ship as soon as features are complete
* Demonstrable track record building high-throughput applications that scale
* Attention to detail - this is very important, since most of the applications here are mission critical (HR, payroll, deductions, insurance benefits)
* Ability to own what you are building and see it through from end to end
* Strong front-end development skills - experience with Vue.js is preferred
* Experience with distributed processing is a plus
* Designing web service API's
* Undergraduate degree required or Associated degree
* 10+ years of professional experience
* Proven in-depth knowledge of C#