Application Architect | Cambridge / Remote | Enterprise Software House | £60,000 - £80,000
I am engaged with a leading Enterprise Software Company who are looking to recruit Application Architects into their growing 'Digital Delivery & Transformation' division. This organisation are established both in the UK and Europe, with a Global presence and a diverse client base spanning verticals including Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, F&B and Life Sciences. Their core specialism is delivering Enterprise Cloud offerings (AWS, Azure), as well as a range of other products such as MS Dynamics, Salesforce, Oracle and Workday.
Working as an Application Architect, your role will see you take up a senior position within the organisation, liaising with vendors (e.g. Salesforce, Oracle, Microsoft, Amazon) and both internal and external stakeholders. You will take up a range of core duties including project leadership, delivery, facilitation and technical architecture with a core focus on the application development lifecycle. Moreover, you will be expected to drive digital innovation by essentially leveraging innovative 'new' technologies and approaches to renovate, extend and transform the existing core technology estate.
Simply put... you will be a key cog in the wheel of an organisation who are looking to transform the way they deliver software and will ultimately pay a hugely strategic part in that.
In terms of their expectations from you, rather than copying and pasting the JD, I have decided to pick out the key requirements below:
- Product Experience - They aren't looking for a technology SME (i.e. a Microsoft specialist) but you should have experience working with one (or more) of the following products - e.g. Workday, Salesforce, MS Dynamics, Amazon Web Services, Oracle, SAP etc.
- Architecture - Proven commercial experience of areas including API architecture, Microservices, Serverless, RAML, SOAP, SOA etc.
- CI/CD & DevOps - Experience working with tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Jenkins etc.
- Stakeholder Management - Proven experience working with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, with prior consulting experience a bonus.
- Delivery - Knowledge of Agile/Waterfall delivery methods.
In return, you will benefit from a competitive base salary (£60,000 - £80,000), alongside annual bonuses (10-15%), pension contributions (10-15%), 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare plans and a range of other flexible benefits. You will also benefit from a generous annual tech/kit budget.
In order to apply, please contact me using the following methods:
- Telephone - 0191 338 7540
- Email: email@example.com
- LinkedIn: 'Liam Haghighat'
Anything discussed during the application process will remain confidential and any submissions will be fully compliant with GDPR.