MS SQL Database Administrator - Nottingham
My client are looking for an experienced DBA to join their growing team.This is a fast paced organisation,who are working with the latest technologies. This role will develop into a consultant role, and will be customer facing, therefore, the ideal candidate must have good presentation skills, and be a good communicator both written and verbally.
- Produce technical documentation for internal & external use
- Qualifying customer requirements (pre-sales involvement)
- Fault resolution
- Establishing & ensure organisational standards are adhered to
- Customer Support - troubleshooting &administration of client databases
- SQL Server 7 to 2019
- Windows Failover Cluster
- AlwaysOn Cluster
- Database Mirroring
- Log Shipping
- Maintenance Plans
- Performance Tuning
- MS Windows
- MS Azure - exposure / experience (or any other cloud)
- Hard Working
- Fast Paced
- Problem solving
- Technology driven
Compensation & Benefits
- Mid Level DBA Salary - £ dependant on the strength of your skill-set
- Senior DBA Salary - £ dependant on the strength of your skill-set
- Training & Certifications
- On Call Rota, Out of office working
- A minimum of 4 years' experience as a DBA for the mid level role is required
- A minimum of 8 years' experience as a DBA for the senior role is required
- Looking for candidates with Microsoft certifications already - MCA, MCP, MCE
- Remote working during lockdown
- This is an office based role when normal, but remote working is given at managers discretion, not ever a guarantee of certain dates.
- Commute - They must live within a 1 hour commute of the Head office in Nottingham, or be willing to relocate within this commute time.
- Travel - There is an expectation that there will be some travel; but this may only be once or twice every couple of months...all dependant on customer requirements.
This is the brief description of the role, for the full information, simply apply to the role and I will call you to discuss.
This is an exclusive client to Nigel Frank International.
My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
If this wasn't exactly the role you were looking for, please apply to this role anyway, just highlight what you are looking for, apply with your CV with a brief overview of what you are looking for (The role, top 3 techs, location, salary).
I will call you to discuss your skill-set further, there may be other roles I am working on that you may be suited for.
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (Engineers, Analysts, Architects, Consultants, Project Managers, Management etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Phone: 0191 338 7633
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.