Job role: Azure Data Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Start Date: ASAP
My client are looking for an Azure Data Engineer to join their growing team and be involved projects throughout the whole life cycle.
As the business continues you to grow you will help support AppDev & Data, the fasting growing area of the company. You'll be working with the industry's biggest players, delivering innovative greenfield Data Platform builds, Data Integration programmes and implementing bespoke High-Level Data Architectural designs.
What you'll be doing
- Delivering across the entire software delivery life cycle - concept, design, build, deploy, test, release into post implementation support.
- Undertakes analytical activities required to support the development and maintenance of systems.
- Provide the technical expertise on activities that consume data from a selection of source systems and move through Azure pipelines into Power BI dashboards and analytical products.
- Lead on Azure data technologies and data engineering, establishing best practices and creating new agile processes with the highest standards for coding and development.
Who We're Looking For
- Strong experience using Azure Data components (Azure SQL Datawarehouse, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks ...)
- Specific focus Azure Databricks or Databricks platform
- Excellent knowledge of Apache Spark ecosystem
- An understanding of Python
- Spark APIs - RDD, Datasets & Dataframes
- Experience with Power BI
- Integration and ETL experience
To find out more about the role please don't hesitate to reach out to me on email@example.com or 020 3826 6704
Nigel Frank are the Global Leaders in Microsoft Recruitment and have unrivalled market knowledge. We are the only agency to sponsor major events such as SQL Bits and host our own local industry events, such as the London and Newcastle Power BI User Groups.