Senior Azure Iaas Engineer - Permanent - Remote - $140k
Working under minimal supervision of the Practice Director or Practice Manager, relying on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals, the Senior (Sr) Systems Engineer (SE) manages a combination of field and remote deployable engineering activities, pre-sales configuration and consulting activities, skills and certification maintenance, and engineering laboratory research and technology development tasks. The Sr SE primarily works to maintain a high level of billable utilization, which is a combination of customer onsite or remote installation and system deployment, configuration, system troubleshooting, performance optimization, and documentation. Senior level Systems Engineer with advanced to expert skill level and varying practical experience, completes complex projects with broader scope, works independently, mentors peers and has moderate interaction with peers on work assignments; typically is asked to function as Lead Engineer on projects. The Senior Systems Engineer is focused in two or more of the following: Active Directory/ Azure Active Directory, Azure Security, Azure DevOps, Azure Disaster Recovery, Microsoft Intune, MIM or Azure IaaS and PaaS technology.
- The Engineer maintains the required level of competency and certifications in relevant product and technology sets as detailed in the job description.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience Computer Science or Computer Information Systems Degree or similar
- Requires minimum of 1 Industry recognized certification in the area of technology specialization (Microsoft 365, Windows Server Active Directory and/or Azure):
- Eight years of work experience in positions with progressively more responsible duties in Microsoft Systems Engineering
- Responsible for design, development, migration and hands-on implementation of Active Directory, Microsoft 365, Azure Security, Azure IaaS and PaaS cloud solutions
- Serve as an technical resource to determine the needs of our clients that will optimize and operationalize IT Infrastructure Modernization and Cloud Transformation Solutions.
- Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our customer's Microsoft Cloud foundational footprint
- Work closely with other architects and engineers to recommend, design and implement Active Directory/ Azure Active Directory, Azure Security, Azure DevOps, Azure Disaster Recovery, Microsoft Intune, MIM or Azure IaaS and PaaS technology solutions that effectively reflect our client's business needs, security, and service level requirements
- Proficient PowerShell scripting. ASP.NET, C#, MVC, Visual Studio programming skills a plus.
- Conduct proof of concept (POC) and implement the design in our client's production environments
- Align solutions with standards and best practices working with cross-functional engineering and consulting teams
- Perform risk analysis & create mitigation strategies for continuous evaluation and validation or system design and architecture
- Ability to produce as-built documentation and materials
- Expert level of post-sales installation, configuration, troubleshooting of infrastructure environments.
- Interpersonal skills with ability to work well with all levels of the organization.
- Strong understanding of and working knowledge of the value-added technology industry.
Candidate must possess one current and valid Microsoft Certification. Preferred Certifications and Exams below:
- AZ 100 Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Deployment
- AZ 101 Microsoft Azure Integration and Security
- AZ 102 Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification Transition (or 70-533)
- AZ 104 Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
- AZ 204 Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate
- AZ 300 Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies
- AZ 301 Microsoft Azure Architect Design
- AZ 302 Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Certification Transition (or 70-535)
- AZ-400 Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions
For information on the Azure market and some of the opportunities and Azure jobs that are available I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see www.nigelfrank.com
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft Dynamics and Azure, advertising more Azure jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in Azure market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and Azure jobs are. I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.
Microsoft Recruitment | Microsoft Careers & Jobs | Nigel Frank
Head Office Contacts. USA: Frank Recruitment Group Inc, 21st Floor, 110 William Street, New York City, New York, USA, NY 10038 | Tel: +1 212-731-8242 UK: Nigel Frank International, The St. Nicholas Building, St. Nicholas Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 1RF | Tel: +44 191 230 1883 Singapore: Frank Recruitment Group Private Ltd, 15th Floor, Royal One Philip, 1 Philip Street, Singapore, 048692 ...