A UK not-for-profit organisation are seeking an experienced SQL & Power BI Developer to join their team in Central London on a 12-month Fixed Term Contract.
They utilise an Azure SQL Data Warehouse and have recently built a brand-new Power BI reporting platform which has been a huge success in helping various stakeholders to understand and make sense of their growing datasets.
As they look to build upon their new-found reporting capabilities, they are looking for an experienced Power BI professional to join the organisation as their Power BI and Data Subject-Matter-Expert. You will be responsible for translating complex business requirements, developing the existing reporting platform and creating new Power BI visualisations for both internal and external needs.
It's a really exciting opportunity for you to drive the use of Power BI across the organisation and take real ownership of their data needs, as they look to become increasingly data-driven. As such, you will be someone who can hit the ground running and who is excited by the opportunity to lead this organisation through the next stage of their data journey.
Please note that in the current climate you will begin working from home, and once it's safe to do so you will be office-based.
- Gathering and interpreting requirements from various stakeholders
- Transforming data from the data warehouse into a suitable format for reporting purposes
- Maintain existing Power BI reports and develop new ones in line with organisational requirements
- Execute ad-hoc queries and analysis using tools including SSMS, Power BI and Excel
- Support Senior Management in developing presentations delivered to the board and external bodies
- Strong SQL development experience - querying databases, building data sets
- Strong Power BI development experience - including use of Power Query and DAX
- Strong Excel skills
- Communication skills and an ability to translate complex business requirements
- Salary of £40,000
- Standard pension
- 24 days holiday
Interviews are taking place within the next week, so if this exciting opportunity appeals to you, please apply ASAP for your application to be considered.