Job Type: Perm/Full-Time
Location: Massachusetts preferred, candidates on East Coast considered (Remote)
Job Title: Senior Big Data Engineer (Azure)
Start Date: Plan for 2/1/2021
Required: MUST have advanced knowledge of Big Data PaaS components in Azure Cloud
Azure Cloud OLAP Analytics experience will put you a top the list!
The Senior Database Engineer will join our clients growing Engineering team, leading their Database Engineering vertical.
- Understands deeply how to build data warehouses and data marts
- Advanced knowledge of Big Data PaaS components in Azure cloud
- Expert-level data modeling experience*
- Strong ability to design and build complex software systems in the cloud to meet Big Data needs
- Demonstrated ability to create normalized and star-schema database designs using database modeling techniques. Superior understanding of normalization and denormalization.
- Knowledge of RDBM-SQL Server specifically, and NoSQL-MongoBD a plus; as well as Graph databases
- Experience with Redshift and/or Azure SQL DWH to import data to SQL
- Data visualization experience a plus, Tableau
- Can deliver high-quality data solutions with minimal supervision
- Solid computer science fundamentals
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a fast-paced Agile software development environment
- Proven success ensuring solutions are built according to business and technical specifications, supporting an error-free and high-performing platform
- Key contributer to architectural decisions around the organizations data
- Perform code reviews and supports SQL optimization and tuning
- Health - 100% ER Paid/Dental/Vision
- 401K company match
- Summer Fridays/Company outings
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Advancement opportunities with structured career paths
- Access to the latest emerging technologies
- Named BEST large company to work for
Call / Email c.walsh@nigelfrank | 718-412-1203 for immediate consideration!
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft Azure recruitment, advertising more Microsoft Azure jobs than any other agency. We work with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Microsoft Azure market, we've built relationships with the key employers across the nation and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities are.
We understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.
Please call or email firstname.lastname@example.org / (718) 412-1203 for additional information about the Azure market and available Azure job opportunities in your area.
See www.nigelfrank.com for more fantastic Azure opportunities!
Nigel Frank International Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.