Sr. Software Engineering Manager/Director (DOE) $125k-135k
*Role will start remote, but post covid will return to office in hybrid fashion, so must be local to the Greater Kansas City, KS area.
Are you a Technical Software Leader with strong people management skills, .NET/Azure technical chops, and experience in bringing new consumer based (IoT) connected device products to market? If so, this may be the role for you.
My client is the world leaders in the development and manufacturing of wide variety of innovative IoT products that can be found in most homes, offices and automobiles. Founded over 100 years ago, and operating in its 5th decade of public ownership, the company continues to be the leader in their space with 22,000 employees in 142 manufacturing facilities located in 23 countries.
We're looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager (or even Director level) with a strong background in building robust software development teams, with knowledge of embedded systems/firmware development, but main focus (90%) will be on Software Engineering and back-end/data pull through work as the Firmware/PCB's are already developed-along with their mobile app. This position will be based in the Consumer Products office in Lenexa, KS (post Covid). You will provide leadership to and work with development team members investigating new technologies for our IoT-based solutions.
This role will be more people management vs. hands on coding-however would want someone with expertise and prior hands on engineering within the tech stack to be the right fit.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will:
* Coordinate the software development process, assuring proper adherence to best practices, coverage of topics, imparting lessons learned and product performance feedback
* Create product development plans translating high-level direction into technical deliverables
* Oversee training and mentoring of new associates in software engineering best practices
* Ensure the team meets overall development goals in accordance with the long-term product development plan and short-term project deliverables
* Monitor progress of the software teams in meeting product requirements and schedule compliance
* Set the tone for the team environment and build healthy team relationships
* Take initiative to improve product development processes
What you will bring to table:
* Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
* 6+ years of professional software development experience
o .NET; C#; ASP.NET MVC; SQL, SQL Server; Eclipse; Visual Studio; and strong knowledge of SOAP, RESTful API's; and jSON for pulling data. Git-Source Control & SVN
* 2+ years of leadership experience with strong people management skills to go along with the technical expertise.
* Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Program Management, Product Management, and Senior Leadership
* Microsoft Azure (IoT) and Mobile application development knowledge is a plus
**To fast track your resume, feel free to email your resume and availability for a conversation to (email@example.com)