Junior/Mid-level Data Analyst- Remote
Junior/Mid-level Data Analyst- Remote
Our client is seeking to fill a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst position. The position is a full-time and permanent role that requires 5+ years of prior experience as a BI Analyst. The position is a consultative technical position working with large enterprise customers who will implement end-to-end data management solutions on multiple BI platforms such as SSIS, Power BI, Tableau, Snowflake, Alteryx, etc.
Role & Responsibilities
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers to capture current data management requirements and objectives from different stakeholders that define their needs.
- Define and document business intelligence policies and procedures, standards, and metrics to support customer analytic business rules.
- Establish data quality processes and compliance with data standards for data domains.
- Troubleshoot issues with data quality as identified by customers.
- Research new statistical and mathematical techniques that are suitable and helpful for solving business-related problems.
- Working knowledge in R, Python, or other platforms to develop and implement predictive models.
- Perform activities to address data extraction, data validation, data cleansings, data harmonization, business logic, exception handling, and required data indication.
- Design and build a data inventory including field definitions, list of values, and mappings as requested by our customers and defined by requirements.
- Understand key data relationships and customer's data domains.
- Collaborate with business process owners, data producers, and data consumers to get an understanding of current processes and systems that has a direct impact on the quality of the enterprise data.
- Work with Data Architects to define and maintain a customer data model and analytics solutions.
- Work with stakeholders and the technical team to establish and manage match/merge that identifies duplicate data across data sources and align required action such as survivorship and trust rules in accordance with the organization's data governance procedures.
- Assist customers with validating data integration from operational systems to future solutions.
Skills & Qualifications
- Statistical analysis tools (MiniTab, SAS, SPSS, etc.…)
- Data Visualization Tools (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, etc)
- ETL tools (SSIS, Alteryx, Knime, Talend, Informatica, DataStage)
- Advance SQL (SQL, Stored Procedures, Dynamic SQL, Joins, Aggregation, etc)
- Deep understanding of Data Storage Solutions (Big Data, RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Deep understanding of a couple of Database Systems (Oracle, SQL Server, My SQL, Postgress, etc)
- Build predictive and/or Machine Learning models
- Deep understanding of data governance, data integrity, master data management, data quality design, develop, and deployment best practices
- Deep understanding of technology-based business processes, including related business models, technical components, modern software development processes, i.e., Agile Scrum, etc.
- Experience structuring and analyzing large quantities of data and information for statistical and analytical modeling
- Deep understanding of BI best practices, architectures, tools, methodologies, and Software
- Exposed to ETL tools, best practice processes - enterprise ETL tools, self-service, data preparation)
- SDLC methodologies (Waterfall and Agile Development)
- Experience with data modeling tools like ERwin, Visio, ER/Studio, Oracle Designer
This job is currently accepting applications and are looking to fill this role immediately, if you satisfy the above qualifications, contact me directly!
To discuss further, contact Emily Livings at (704) 422 8460 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nigel Frank International is the Global Leader in Microsoft Recruitment. We place more Microsoft professionals into Microsoft jobs than any other recruitment agency with over 2,000 live jobs on our website at any one time. We are a part of Frank Recruitment Group, one of the most successful global recruitment businesses in the last 10 years and backed by private equity firm TPG Growth.
We are the recruitment partner of choice for 1000's of Microsoft Partners, Customers & ISV's worldwide with over 1000 dedicated consultants operating in more than 34 countries. Similarly, over half of the candidates that we work with use our recruitment services exclusively.