Data Analyst - Colchester, Essex
My client is looking for a BI analyst to predominantly support the Colchester office, but you will also get involved in supporting reporting requirements across other brands/countries across the world.
They are a business which has been in Colchester for a long time - people stay there for years, it's got a nice local close-knit feel, but you've still got the benefits of being part of the global company.
- Stakeholder management - communicate with users to understand reporting requirements relevant to the business, offering guidance and BI solutions.
- Support the change review board and additional improvement projects related to the ERP system
- Table and data structures
- Monitor reporting use to validate business requirements and effectiveness of solutions
- Develop financial and process related reporting
- Analyse and troubleshoot query performance related issues
- SQL - strong SQL scripting skills, and ideally some database administration knowledge would be good.SSRS - out-of-the-box reports, lifting data from AX - person will need to managing existing SSRS reports, as well as potentially develop a few more.
- QlikView - Currently using Qlikview, but as a strategy going forward they are fading out Qlikview and moving towards Power BI. This person will need to cover existing Qlikview requirements, but should already be good with Power BI & DAX.
- Power BI
- AX - They are using Dynamics AX at the moment - there is an AX specialist on the team already, so you don't need to be an expert, but anyone who has experience reporting off AX (or similar) would be great. It's on their roadmap as a group to move to Dynamics 365 in future - they'll likely get the ball rolling on this at the end of 2021.
- Hard Working
- Fast Paced
- Problem solving
- Team Work
- Passionate about their work
- Salary between £35,000 and £45,000, dependant on the strength of your skill-set
- Everyone who is 'non-essential' is currently working from home.
- Going forward, Hiring Manager would like to see everyone back in office full-time - a big believer teams working together in person, however it's hard to say what the 'new normal' will be.
This is the brief description of the role, for the full information, simply apply to the role and I will call you to discuss.
This is an exclusive client to Nigel Frank International.
My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
If this wasn't exactly the role you were looking for, please apply to this role anyway, just highlight what you are looking for, apply with your CV with a brief overview of what you are looking for (The role, top 3 techs, location, salary).
I will call you to discuss your skill-set further, there may be other roles I am working on that you may be suited for.
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (Engineers, Analysts, Architects, Consultants, Project Managers, Management etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Phone: 0191 338 7633
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.