Azure Specialist- Kent, WA- Competitive Base Salary
The IT Azure Specialist position will primarily focus on designing, implementing, maintaining, and updating our client's Microsoft Azure infrastructure. This position will also require development of working knowledge of our on-premise systems and architecture to aid in the support of the systems as workloads require.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain a relevant technical understanding of Microsoft infrastructure solutions including Azure, Office 365, and Windows Server
- Design and deploy all aspects of Azure infrastructure technologies and topologies
- Migrate and deploy various workloads to Azure
- Perform reporting for Azure spending, resource usage and suggestions
- Configure and troubleshoot cloud, virtual, and physical hardware, and software systems
- Azure firewall configuration
- Work with management, department leads, and other staff to ensure that IT Operations is proactively improving our business
- Manage enterprise grade firewalls
- Configure IKEv2 IPsec VPN's
- Evaluate and suggest IT solutions that ensure the company stays on the cutting edge of technologies that support the business and industry
- Incorporate tools, technologies, techniques, and design patterns to create maintainable, scalable, high-performance database solutions.
- Design, implement and maintain code in development, test, and production environments and design solutions to support systematic promotion between environments.
- Perform work of high difficulty in writing, modifying, tuning, and debugging database indexes, queries, stored procedures, views, user-defined functions, and other database entities.
- Perform SQL Server administration activities including backup, restore, DBCC commands, and indexing.
- Automate complex processes with SQL Agent jobs and PowerShell scripting.
- Design, develop and troubleshoot permissions schemas using advanced security concepts such as proxies and impersonation.
- Develop and maintain documentation on the SQL Servers, Automated Jobs, and procedures
- Collaborate with project managers and business analysts to develop solutions that meet client business requirements.
- Follow project specifications and corporate coding standards and policies.
- Manage code in a source control system.
- Stay current with relevant tools and technologies
- Assist with code reviews
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Ability to react quickly to high priority and critical issues that affect internal and external users and resolve the issue without support from other staff
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Microsoft Azure platform certifications
- Firewall and Security principals
- Windows Desktop and Windows Server 2012 to Windows Server 2019
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory Domain Services
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field or relevant work experience
- PowerShell v5+ experience
- Next Gen firewalls
- Ability to work well within deadline-oriented development structure
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
- Strong technical abilities and desire to learn new things
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skill, teamwork, and customer service skills
License and Certifications:
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Certifications preferred
If you feel you are a good fit for this role, email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft Dynamics and Azure, advertising more Azure jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Azure market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivaled understanding of where the best opportunities and Azure jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed. For information on the Azure market and some of the opportunities and Azure jobs that are available I can be contacted at 704-422-8460. Please see www.nigelfrank.com for more fantastic Microsoft Azure opportunities!
Nigel Frank International Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.