An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious SQL Server professional to take their career to the next level, with an esteemed Microsoft Gold Partner, who are going through an exceptional period of growth.
They are highly-regarded as SQL Server experts, providing a range of data solutions to their international client base, with data platforms both on-premise and on Azure.
You will be joining their dedicated support team, working to resolve a variety of challenging SQL Server/Azure Data Platform problems across a range of versions, with no two days being the same. You will utilise your technical ability as well as your client-facing skills to engage with clients and provide them with holistic solutions which are both reactive and proactive in helping them to best manage their data estates.
You will be extremely well-supported in your professional development, with excellent training and development opportunities on offer, including support towards your Microsoft Certifications. This organisation are extremely keen to keep employees up-to-date with the latest developments in technology, and you'll have access to an exceptional in-house training team who will ensure you remain at the leading-edge of the SQL Server and Data Platform world.
This really is an unparalleled opportunity to take the next step in your career.
Please note you will work from home until it is safe to go back into the office. Once normality resumes, you will be office-based.
- Creation, monitoring and maintenance of production and development databases
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Planning for database projects
- Communicating with clients on the phone and via email
- At least a year of experience working with SQL Server, ideally in a support capacity
- Excellent people and communication skills in a client-facing role
- A desire to continually learn and keep up-to-date with the latest technology developments
- Salary of up to £30,000, or £35,000 for those with prior DBA experience
- On-call allowance of up to £8,000 per annum, after passing probation
- Performance-related bonus of up to 10%
- 23 days' holiday & bank, increasing to 25 after 2 years and option to buy
- Frequent social activities
- Company pension scheme
- Brilliant training & development opportunities, including Microsoft Certifications
Nigel Frank are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK, offering more opportunities across the country than any other. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.