Senior Network Engineer- Melbourne, FL- $105k
This company is a Non-Profit Christian organization looking for a senior network engineer to provide hands on support to their servers, virtualized environment, applications, networking, and mobile devices.
This position interfaces directly with internal customers and various departments, troubleshooting user issues to resolution. Other areas of support include LAN support, break/fix, software/hardware upgrades, patch management, and application installs, user support/training, and other related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
- Maintain a Cisco centric network environment, including but not limited to Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco Switches and Cisco Wireless
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Monitor, troubleshoot and escalate to the appropriate vendor when necessary WAN/LAN connections
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Maintain and monitor Dell Storage arrays
- Maintain, monitor and test VMware as it relates to SRM (Site Recovery Manager)
- Execute monthly testing of Disaster Recovery
- Serve as lead technical advisor on disaster recovery planning and testing
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- This position requires extensive, sometimes 24-7 customer interaction, and timely responsiveness to issues and questions
Essential Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of troubleshooting network procedures and best practices
- Experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis and system architecture design
- Demonstrated experience in the use of network analysis tools
- Experience with data center networking and networking technologies
- Experience managing internal or client-facing projects to completion and troubleshooting clients' technical issues
- Detail oriented, task driven with excellent communication skills
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage users in a professional manner and present technical concepts plainly to semi-technical customers
- Desire to learn new technologies and apply them to customer use cases
- Must have previous firewall experience
If you feel you are a good fit for this role, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft Dynamics and Azure, advertising more Azure jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Azure market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivaled understanding of where the best opportunities and Azure jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed. For information on the Azure market and some of the opportunities and Azure jobs that are available I can be contacted at 704-422-8460. Please see www.nigelfrank.com for more fantastic Microsoft Azure opportunities!
Nigel Frank International Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.