A company with an unparalleled reputation in SQL Server and MS Data Platform are seeking a Junior Database Engineer to join their support team as they continue a period of growth that begun at the beginning of the Covid-19 crisis as companies looked to them to keep their systems working as best as possible.
You'll work as part of a dedicated support team, responding to a huge range of client problems relating to their SQL Server/Azure/AWS Data Platforms. Problems will range from simple to simple to complex, with no two days the same.
You'll be tested in not only your problem solving skills but also your customer service/management, responsible for not only solving their issues, but also helping non-technical audiences in preventing further issues.
In return, the company will mould you into a SQL Server/Azure Data Platform expert within a relatively short space of time, utilising their dedicated learning and development path which takes advantage of in-house Microsoft-Certified Trainers and MS Certifications on offer.
This role is currently full remote until further notice. Candidates should be ideally located within commutable distance of Wokingham, Berkshire, or if based further afield should be willing and able to commute there 50% of the time when the office reopens.
Role & Responsibilities
- SQL Fault finding/fixing
- SQL Database performance tuning, maintenance and upgrades
- Direct customer support over email/phone
Skills & Qualifications
- At least a year of working with SQL Server version 2012 and above, ideally in support capacity
- Experience in a customer-facing role and excellent customer-service skills
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal
- Up to £35,000 Starting Salary
- On call allowance of £8,000 per year (usually begins after 6 months in the role)
- Performance-related bonus
- Excellent learning+development opportunities, including MS Certifications
To apply for this role, please send an up to date CV to email@example.com or call 0191 338 7552 for a confidential chat.
Nigel Frank are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK offering more opportunities across the country than any other. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Twitter = @NigelFrank_BI
LinkedIn = https://www.linkedin.com/in/owen-mitchell-b84984b2/